A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Authors After Dark 2012 Spotlight



So I think you've all noticed by now that I'm attending Authors After Dark this August, what with all the author spotlights I've featured thus far this year. I just figured I would go into a bit more detail for those of you unfamiliar with this convention.

First off, it is, indeed, a convention. Most of the authors attending are paranormal authors. There will also be a whole slew of NY and Small Press authors. Here's a list of the NY authors:

  • Shayla Black  
    Judi Fennell    
  • Leanna Renee Hieber
  • Pamela Palmer
  • Amanda Carlson         
  • Mari Freeman
  • Alexandra Ivy
  • Allison Pang
  • Manda Collins            
  • Jeaniene Frost            
  • Darynda Jones           
  • Nicole Peeler
  • Carolyn Crane            
  • Yasmine Galenorn      
  • Stephanie Julian         
  • Katie Reus
  • MaryJanice Davidson
  • Lia Habel        
  • Erin Kellison  
  • Jessa Slade
  • Virna DePaul  
  • Jess Haines    
  • Jade Lee         
  • Sasha White
  • Cynthia Eden  
  • Mark Henry   
  • Kelly Meding
And what a great list! I was fangirling when I saw how many authors I adore who are attending, and I can't wait to meet and read books by some debuting authors like Amanda Carlson.  I'm not as familiar with the small press authors (check out the list here), but the ones I've worked with thus far have been great, so I am looking forward to getting to meet them at the convention also.

Okay, so the authors are cool and all... but you know what gets me even more excited for this August? The fact that I will FINALLY be going to NOLA! The hotel is in the French Quarter, on Bourbon Street, and all the attendees got a great deal for the hotel.

I plan on stuffing my face with Karen from For What It's Worth, meeting some great authors and bloggers--finally!--stuffing my face, laying out by the pool area, stuffing my face, and exploring New Orleans.

Also, I got asked to be a presenter for the Bookie Awards, so I'm sure everyone I know will be laughing at me as I do that. I'll be that crazy girl up on the stage with a shot of tequila saying she's the book faery.

Maybe I should wear a pair of wings.

As you can see, I'm super excited about August, and I plan on doing a few book giveaways when I get back. It will also be the vacation I so desperately need after a long, long year and a half of college classes non-stop (if you've been wondering why I'm so scarce as of late, it's because I'm taking an accelerated Nutrition and Anatomy & Physiology class at the same time...gah!). I'll try to remember to take some pictures, and I'll definitely be tweeting to you guys.

I can't wait to meet those of you who are going! :)

5 comments:

  1. I am already looking forward to your reports Tori! I would so love to meet Yasmine Galenorn, she is such an awesome author and person.

    I wish you lots of fun, and wow, so many studies! I hope you succeed in all of them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aurian! I'll try to remember to take lots of pictures on my phone to share :)

      Delete
  2. ohh if you are looking for costume ideas pinterest rocks:
    http://pinterest.com/pin/259660734735132018/
    or http://pinterest.com/pin/259660734735116037/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I love the book for wings! That is such an awesome idea. Thanks for the links :D

      Delete
  3. heyy gorgeous, i love your blog ^^
    lets follow each others blog! i hope we can be friends, nice to know you

    rheapunya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete