A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Hey Everyone!

Long time no update!

I apologize for literally dropping off the face of the blogging universe. I'm especially sorry for not giving a heads up beforehand, and for not responding to any emails you may have sent me. A few of you who don't use Twitter (which I am still haunting) were asking if I was okay, and I am so touched!

Things have been a bit hectic over at my end. In June I took a 3 week Nutrition course in NYC, while also taking an online A&P course. Suffice to say, I was eating and breathing these courses. Then in the last week of June, I had to juggle the finish of these two courses with the start of Organic Chemistry at my local community college. I am about halfway through Orgo, and I am also self-studying/teaching myself Food Science in preparation for a challenge exam at the end of the month. If I pass it, I don't have to take a food science course.

SO with that said, I have had zero time to read anything aside from the textbooks for these courses. I will be done with both courses by the end of the month, which means I will be able to start reading books again! I seriously cannot wait.

The hiatus, however, will be in effect until I return from the AAD convention--so about mid-August. I may extend this hiatus until September (and if I do, it will only apply to book reviews on my end; if you are an author and want a spotlight on the blog, I will still host you!), depending on how my studying for the GRE exam goes. Those few extra weeks in August will give me time to catch up on some books, write a few reviews, and set up upcoming author visits and giveaways.

I hope you all have been doing well, otherwise. I miss updating this blog and interacting with you guys, and I can't wait to finally put some much needed focus on the Book Faery blog after a few months of neglect.

6 comments:

  1. I wish you good luck with all your studying and courses and everything! Take all the time you need, but wow, no reading "normal" books at all, I can't imagine that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I did very well in all my summer courses and the self challenge exam :D

      And I know, it was so depressing not being able to read books for fun! I definitely missed blogging and reviewing all these wonderful books.

      Delete
  2. Oh, wow!! You have been busy. Good luck with the GRE, Tori! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, that's an understatement ;)

      Thank you! I'm going to need all the luck i can get with the GRE.

      Delete