A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Intro and Bookshelf Tour

Hi! I thought I should introduce myself a little more thoroughly and give you guys a tour of my bookshelf before I start reviewing.

I'm Alice, I live in Sydney and love to read. Sadly, school is interfering with any reading that I can do and I'm mostly stuck reading crime novels (for my English Extension 1 class) and books that focus on 'The Outsider' (the topic for my English class). Needless to say, both options are a little boring since I have to pick sophisticated texts, ie not the stuff I enjoy reading!

So a little bit about me: I really love the colour pink, my favourite singers/bands include BWO (a really awesome, quirky Swedish band), Miley Cyrus (yes, I admit it!), The Veronicas and Adam Lambert. I also love Adam Hills and Dave Thornton (both Aussie comedians who RULE) and am a Flash groupie (ie I love the Flash). :)

Enough about me and onto the tour of my bookshelf! Please note that I do own more books but they are floating around the house somewhere because I have amazing organisational skills. Not. The only organisation that I bother with is with my bookshelf-- books are organised by author A-Z and then author's series A-Z. It's a big bother actually when I buy new books and have to fit them in!

As you guys can see, I'm a bit of a Meg Cabot and PC Cast fan!
Richelle Mead and Gena Showalter are both goddesses! So is Maria V Snyder by the way! :)
More Maria V Snyder as well as Rachel Vincent, whose Shifters series is amazing.

So yep, that's me and my bookshelf. The bottom shelf is usually reserved for library books and my TBR pile but I've run out of room on the upper shelves. Whoops.

I'm going to be reviewing a couple of Aussie books that aren't available in the US but I will give links to where you CAN buy them online. I'm really enthusiastic about spreading the love for books written by Australians since I'm Aussie. 

So yeah, if you guys have any review requests, questions or just want to talk, you can give me a shout on Twitter or email me at pink.sponge.baby(at)gmail(dot)com.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome book tour :) Great books you got :)

    I counted and think we had about 40 of the same books :P haha xD

    Looking forward to reading your reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome books. I love looking on others bookshelves and seeing if we have any of the same..which we do..lol

    I also love Adam Lambert and can't wait for his next new album.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome again to BF Alice! :)

    Wanted to say that I am totally jealous of you and your bookshelves. If you saw how I keep my precious books... SMH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the warm welcome, you guys! And my bookshelf (only one, sadly!) is the only neat space in my entire room.

    @Mary: Adam Lambert rules, though I can't say the same about his make-up; he just goes way over the top with it sometimes!

    @Fiction: The bookshelf is actually 2.2m high and I can barely reach the top shelf, me being a shortie and standing at a sad 1.58m!

    ReplyDelete