A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Notice

Before I begin, I would like to say that I am in a sugar coma right now. I baked hundreds of cookies last night (3:30PM - 3:30AM) and then decorated and packed them today.

And of course I had to taste test... to make sure that they weren't bad, or anything haha.

Anyway, this is my last week of classes and I have a lot of work to catch up on. The week after that is finals week (just shoot me now, please). With that said, things will be a bit slow on the blog, but we will still have Cover Wars (thank you Amanda), and there may be a random review here and there from guest reviewers (thank you again Amanda and Book Dragon). It will be relatively silent on my end, though, just like it's been this week.

I is sorry :(


To any author who has sent me a review request within the months of November and December:
I've seen your email and I'm either contacting reviewers, or I'm debating whether I want to add your title to my TBR. I *should* be sending out responses once finals are over; however, if you do not receive a response by the end of the year, I suggest resubmitting a request :)

As of right now, my books for review pile is backed up. SO, if you are interested in me reviewing your title personally, you may not see a review up until March... assuming I actually get as much reading done as I planned. Things never go according to plan, though.

To anyone who has sent me an email within the past week:
I haven't checked my inbox recently and may not get a chance to. I'm not ignoring you, it's just been super busy over here.


If you have something you absolutely need me to see for whatever reason, your best bet is sending me a tweet right now. I check my twitter on the commutes :)


Good luck to anyone else who has finals coming up!

2 comments: