Ten reasons why you need to attend Authors After Dark, now and in the future:
by Stella Price
by Stella Price
- AAD is 100% readercentric. Readers outnumber the authors attending (which no other con does) and readers are the focus for all the planned events and goodies.
- AAd is the only con that has a Corsetiere and Tattoo artist that travels with them. That’s right, that means all your vacation needs can be met!
- AAD is the cheapest con (not event like Lori foster, but actual convention) in romance. For your registration fee you get 5 meals and a bunch if parties. And the food is edible!
- Exotic Locales! Ok so Savannah isn’t really exotic (2013) but do you know how many people have been dying to go there? It’s insane!
- SWAG! AAD has some of the best swag you will find at any con!
- FREE BOOKS! Each year AAD gives away TONS of free books. Since we are a limited attendance event, the reader is guaranteed to leave with oodles of freebie books!
- Facetime with authors. Yes! Authors that attend aad do not hide in their rooms! They spend time with you, the reader, at meals, events and parties, giving you a well rounded experience.
- Special programming for Book clubs and Bloggers! AAD rewards those that are helping to keep reading alive with doing special events strictly for book clubs and Bloggers. Our blogger spots are some of the most highly coveted because of the swag and goodies (ARC’s Mostly) that they receive. We already have a list started for 2013!
- The Parties! We have an amazing masquerade party each year, sponsored by the Master of Ceremonies. Costume contests where you could win some awesome prizes and of course, Dancing!
- Limited attendance. This ensures the event is intimate, and you get to talk with just about everyone. You don’t get the Lost kinda feeling with aad, and you aren’t standing on line for HOURS waiting to have a 3 minute convo with an author.
In addition to this… this year (2012) the booksigning will be open to the public, as well as a cool YA reading BEFORE the booksigning. We are striving to make each year different, filled with awesome things and parties that are once in a lifetime events no other con will be able to duplicate.
What to look forward to for 2013 (especially if you didn’t get into AAD Nola this year?):
* Special YA Saturday event sponsored by some of the biggest YA publishers and authors in the business.
* Riverboat Party/ Dinner
* The Bookie Awards Evening Formal
* Several special parties and events
* Books and Swag galore
* A spa on site
* A Makeover room sponsored by two very special companies (more on that later in the year)
* Several Savannah group trips
* Three Themed Evening parties
* And much, much more!
Registration opens for 2013 August 21st at noon EST. So if your considering attending, keep that date handy. We will sell out.