A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Monday, April 26, 2010

Into the Dark: The Amazon's Curse by Gena Showalter



The Amazon's Curse


A Tale of Atlantis.

Zane, a fierce vampire warrior, has been enslaved by the Amazons.  Nola, a lovely Amazon soldier, has been cursed with invisibility.  Now, these two stubborn enemies must overcome the pasts that haunt them and embrace a love that can set them free…




The Amazon's Curse
Note: This review focuses solely on the second story of this book featuring Zane and Nola.  You can see the first part of this review about "The Darkest Fire" here, and the third part of this review about "The Darkest Prison" here.
 

Obtained:
Netgalley
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Atlantis
My Rating:
A wonderful conclusion to a series I wish would never have ended.

Story:
Nola is an Amazon warrior, abused when she was younger.  Zane, an equally abused vampire, was a demon whore.  Both were forced to partake in a cruel game devised by the gods.  Both despised any persons' touch.

Nola scorned this vampire...until being punished and sentenced to a life of invisibility.  She could see and hear all, but she, in turn, could not be seen, touched, or heard.

Zane is once again forced into slavery, this time, as a sex slave to the Amazons.  He scorns their touches, threatens death to all those attempting to touch him.  Ironic that the only one he wishes he could touch is the one cursed to be invisible to all.  Or is she?

My Opinion:
Like I said, this was a wonderful wrap-up to Gena's Atlantis series.  Short and sweet, and much needed to tie off the loose ends that left me wondering what would eventually happen after The Vampire's Bride

It was strange, re-entering Atlantis after being neglected of it for so long.  For those of you unable to recall the past events in the previous book, Gena makes sure to do a quick recap in Nola's point of view.  Being able to witness what went on in this Amazon's head--especially because she was so smitten now--was nice for a change.

I was ecstatic upon the discovery that Delilah and Layel made an appearance in this story too!  The little twist thrown in there also left me feeling warm and fuzzy.  They deserve it.



1 comment:

  1. Lexie: This! This is the Showalter series I enjoy a lot!! Ah I didn't realize the SS collection was going to have a 'final' story to round it out. ;-; my OCD compels me to buy it now...

    Thank you!!



    Tori: Well I'm not sure if there will be a "final" story, but THE AMAZON'S CURSE definitely ties up some loose ends.

    ReplyDelete