A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Monday, May 7, 2012

Alice's Review: Infamous by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Released: 13th March 2012
Paperback: 258 pages
Price: AU$21.95
Publisher: Atom
Source: Book Depository
Genre: YA, Paranormal, Action
Series: The Chronicles of Nick
Series Order:
1. Infinity (my review)
2. Invincible (my review)
3. Infamous
4. Inferno (17th March 2013)
Summary:
Go to school. Get good grades. Stay out of trouble. That’s the mandate for most kids. But Nick Gautier isn’t the average teenager. He’s a boy with a destiny not even he fully understands. And his first mandate is to stay alive while everyone, even his own father, tries to kill him. He’s learned to raise the dead, divination and clairvoyance, so why is learning to drive and keep a girlfriend so hard?

But driving isn’t the primary skill he has to master. Survival is. And in order to survive, his next lesson makes all the others pale in comparison. He is on the brink of becoming either the greatest hero mankind has ever known – or he’ll be the one who ends the world. With enemies new and old gathering forces, he will have to call on every part of himself to fight or he’ll lose everyone he cares about. Even himself.
My Rating
SPOILERS AHEAD
My Opinion: Kind of freaking out right now, guys. Because I just found out that Infinity, the first book in this AMAZING series, has got movie rights and will be filmed next year!!!

So once again, Sherrilyn has left the end of the previous book with a big, fat cliffhanger: Nick's just found out that his grumpy uncle Ambrose is HIM FROM THE FUTURE. So the book starts off with Nick having a big freak out, kind of like I did back when I figured it out in the first book, and then ANOTHER freak out when he realises that he will also become a Dark-Hunter and what made him turn. Lots of drama in the first three pages.

I don't want to go into too much detail about what happens since I don't want to ruin it for you guys, but let's just say I was on the edge of my seat, so to speak, holding my breath in anticipation of what would happen next. It was hard to even take a break from reading this!

Like the previous to books, this contains a lot of action as well as a bit of romance as Nick and his girlfriend Kody battle the dark forces out to get him. As well as that, we get to know Nick's father, Adarian, a little bit better and we find out the circumstances of Nick's conception. This made me feel sooooo bad for Nick's mum, Cherise! The one character that I didn't like was Cherise, Nick's mum, because she's so hard on Nick. She won't let him date because she thinks he'll get a girl pregnant! I just couldn't believe how little she trusted Nick and how she so easily thinks the worst in him. Cherise needs a little bit of this:

My favourite parts in this book included my favourite character, Acheron. Gosh, I just love him so much! He's such a badass but he's also so kind and amazing. I gotta say, his book is my favourite out of all the DH novels.

My verdict:
This series doesn't have a second or third book syndrome, where the sequels just aren't as good as the first. These just get better and better!

2 comments:

  1. I really don't want to read this spin off series, as things are not the same. In the Dark Hunter series, Cherise and Nick have a great and very close relationship. But I am glad you enjoy it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, in the DH series, Cherise is put on a pedestal as the Mother of the Year, but I think in the CON series it's more realistic. We get to see Cherise from a different light, one where she doesn't trust Nick because she knows Adarian is a bastard and Nick has gotten half of his genes - she's very scared Nick'll turn out like Adarian.

    ReplyDelete