A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Lots of News: Book Faery's New Makeover; Welcome Book Dragon!

Design News

As you can see, I gave in to the nonexistent peer pressure to change my fall theme to the winter theme.  The truth is, I love changing the layouts to this blog, and I get bored easily with one particular look.  Hence the early change.

And no.  There are no turkeys.

  I hope you all enjoy this new look!  Me personally?  I like it a lot better than the fall look :)




Welcome, Book Dragon!

So your beloved little Book Faery got overrun this semester due to all her college work, and next spring won't be any better in that department.  Since she did not want the blog to suffer, she's decided to add a new member to her blog.

Please don't ask her why she's referring to herself in the third person.  She has no idea.

Please welcome The Book Dragon!  She'll be including lots more reviews for all of our entertainment.  BD and I have also discussed doing a few... joint reviews, sure to prove to you all how crazy the two of us are.

You can find the following blurb in the "About Me" section, but I figured I'd let you all get to know BD a bit more!


The Book Dragon read one too many crappy novels, and decided it was time to come out of her cave to tell people her (for the most part unsolicited) opinions about them.  She has aspirations toward some day having a life of her own, and is rarely soothed by anything other than coffee, chocolate, or cheesecake.  Request reviews by her at your own risk.

Coffee, chocolate, and cheesecake... I am in love.  Anyway, I hope you'll all give BD a warm welcome, and I hope you enjoy her reviews!

6 comments:

  1. Welcome and Congrats, Book Dragon!

    Can't wait to read your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome. I love the Book Faery - it was the first book blog I followed. I reckon you will have a wonderful time with it. Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust
    email: steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com
    Twitter: @fangswandsfairy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tori,

    The new layout looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steph, <33 And yes, she's a spunky little faery ;)

    Anna, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I promise not to breathe too much fire and smoke (right away)....

    ReplyDelete