A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Monday, February 21, 2011

Tori's Review: Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning


Paperback
- 512 pages
Price: $7.99
ISBN 13: 978-0440244400
Released: October 26, 2010

Karen's Website
Buy it via the Publisher
Buy it via Amazon

Obtained: Bought 
Genre: Urban Fantasy 
Series: Fever Series 
1. Darkfever (book review)
2. Bloodfever (book review)
3. Faefever (book review)
4. Dreamfever 
5. Shadowfever (book review)





He has stolen her past, but MacKayla will never allow her sister's murderer to take her future. Yet even the uniquely gifted sidhe-seer is no match for the Lord Master, who has unleashed an insatiable sexual craving that consumes Mac's every thought-and thrusts her into the seductive realm of two very dangerous men, both of whom she desires but dares not trust. 
 
As the enigmatic Jericho Barrons and the sensual Fae prince V"lane vie for her body and soul, as cryptic entries from her sister's diary mysteriously appear and the power of the Dark Book weaves its annihilating path through the city, Mac's greatest enemy delivers a final challenge...
 
It's an invitation Mac cannot refuse, one that sends her racing home to Georgia, where an even darker threat awaits. With her parents missing and the lives of her loved ones under siege, Mac is about to come face-to-face with a soul-shattering truth-about herself and her sister, about Jericho Barrons...and about the world she thought she knew.


My Rating:

My Opinion:
It took me a while to sit down and focus on writing my review of DREAMFEVER, but I think I've had an adequate amount of time to reflect on my thoughts.

The beginning to this novel definitely starts off with a bang, and it was one I could fully appreciate in its masculine glory. There was one particular line that make me tear up and almost cry, and of course, it came from Barrons. Due to my fear of spoiling anything, I won't mention it, but anyone who is familiar with the words "Rainbow Girl" will know exactly what I'm referring to.

People told me DREAMFEVER would have a lot more action, and they weren't lying. There's a lot less of Mac thinking and ruminating, and a lot more getting things done--which meant I enjoyed this book a hellova lot more than FAEFEVER.

The cliffhanger at the end of this book is so incredibly brutal that I stayed up until about 5AM EST to read the first few chapters of SHADOWFEVER. For those who managed to last any amount of time waiting for the final book in this series... well, they should apply for sainthood. I don't know how else they could have managed such a horrible wait.

DREAMFEVER more than makes up for my so-so experience while reading FAEFEVER. It rekindled my desire to read this series and books in general. I definitely suggest reading all four books thus far (and having the final book close by) when you have a long weekend to cozy up to them. Then again, perhaps two long weekends would be better; if you're anything like me, by the third book, you're going to have to take a mental break because of the mindfuck.

3 comments:

  1. I teared up at the 'Rainbow Girl' comment too! And I also had to wait the almost year and half for SHADOWFEVER. Talk about PURE.TORTURE! Luckily I got to go and celebrate the release in NOLA, but it was still a small consolation. Great review. I hope you enjoy SHADOWFEVER. :)

    Paperback Dolls

    ReplyDelete
  2. That comment was brutal. :( I think Dreamfever may be my favorite in the series. One hell of a ride from start to finish. I'm smack in the middle of Shadowfever as we speak...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, it's been about a month since I read DREAMFEVER and I STILL get all wishy washy when I think about the Rainbow Girl comment D:

    ReplyDelete