A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Tori's Review: Faefever by Karen Marie Moning


Paperback
- 416 pages
Price: $7.99
ISBN 13: 978-0440244394
Released: July 28, 2009

Karen's Website
Buy it via the Publisher
Buy it via Amazon

Obtained: Bought 
Genre: Urban Fantasy 
Series: Fever Series 
1. Darkfever (book review)
2. Bloodfever (book review)
3. Faefever
4. Dreamfever (book review)
5. Shadowfever (book review)





He calls me his Queen of the Night. I’d die for him. I’d kill for him, too. When MacKayla Lane receives a torn page from her dead sister’s journal, she is stunned by Alina’s desperate words. And now MacKayla knows that her sister’s killer is close. But evil is closer. And suddenly the sidhe-seer is on the hunt: For answers. For revenge. And for an ancient book of dark magic so evil, it corrupts anyone who touches it.

Mac’s quest for the Sinsar Dubh takes her into the mean, shape-shifting streets of Dublin, with a suspicious cop on her tail. Forced into a dangerous triangle of alliance with V’lane, an insatiable Fae prince of lethally erotic tastes, and Jericho Barrons, a man of primal desires and untold secrets, Mac is soon locked in a battle for her body, mind, and soul.

As All Hallows’ Eve approaches and the city descends into chaos, as a shocking truth about the Dark Book is uncovered, not even Mac can prevent a deadly race of immortals from shattering the walls between worlds—with devastating consequences.…


My Rating:

My Opinion:
I don't have much to say about this book. FAEFEVER was my least favorite of the three in the Fever series that I've read so far. I actually had to slam the book shut and walk away at one point because I grew so flustered while continuing on with the novel. I'll break this review into three parts, and comment on each "part" in the novel.

Part 1: This was my least favorite of the three. I absolutely detested Barrons at this point and seriously question what the hell I was thinking when I gushed about how infuriatingly sexy he was. This was also the point where all of Mac's musing--while refreshingly philosophical and advanced at first--started to grate on my nerves. I wanted her to think less, and for more to happen.

I stepped away from FAEFEVER upon concluding part 1.

Part 2: Had some redeeming qualities. Barrons started to become bearable again, and I started being able to tolerate him and his bastard ways.

Part 3: The ending of this part, and the book, royally pissed me off. I won't say much more about it because I don't want to spoil anything for readers. I officially feel that this device is overused in urban fantasy. Would like to see some different methods of the authors attempting to "break" the heroine.

So the overall consensus? BLOODFEVER is still my favorite book in this series, and if I had to wait almost an entire year to read DREAMFEVER, I would have said "to hell with this series" and abandoned it. Kudos to the fans who actually had to endure the wait for book 4.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you didn't like Faefever that much :(

    As I am one of the fans that read them as they came out...I'm not sure how I felt about each one after I was done, but I will say that I love this series so much it's sick. It's my Twilight.

    I think I would have said I agreed with you when it comes to the ending of the book if I hadn't have read the rest, but since I have...well...I guess I don't. Ha. That didn't really come out the way I wanted it to...
    Anyway, as a Barrons lover and a freak about the whole series, I would recommend that you push on. Hopefully it'll redeem itself to you! :D
    Good review!

    ReplyDelete