A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Tori's Review: Dreams of a Dark Warrior by Kresley Cole


Paperback
- 528 pages
Price: $7.99
ISBN 13: 978-1439136805
Released: February 15, 2011

Kresley's Website
Buy it via the Publisher
Buy it via Amazon

Obtained: Bought
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series:
Immortals After Dark
Anthology: Playing Easy to Get
1. A Hunger Like No Other
2. No Rest for the Wicked
3. Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night
4. Dark Deeds at Night's Edge
5. Dark Desires After Dusk
6. Kiss of a Demon King
Deep Kiss of Winter (book review)
7. Pleasure of a Dark Prince

8. Demon from the Dark (book review)
9. Dreams of a Dark Warrior


HE VOWED HED COME FOR HER . . .

Murdered before he could wed Regin the Radiant, warlord Aidan the Fierce seeks his beloved through eternity, reborn again and again into new identities, yet with no memory of his past lives.

SHE AWAITS HIS RETURN . . .

When Regin encounters Declan Chase, a brutal Celtic soldier, she recognizes her proud warlord reincarnated. But Declan takes her captive, intending retribution against all immortals—unaware that he belongs to their world.

TO SATE A DESIRE MORE POWERFUL THAN DEATH . . .

Yet every reincarnation comes with a price, for Aidan is doomed to die when he remembers his past. To save herself from Declan’s torments, will Regin rekindle memories of the passion they once shared—even if it means once again losing the only man she could ever love?



My Rating:

My Opinion:
1 sexy, angsty hero + 1 outspoken, kick-ass heroine = my IAD addiction has been sated. For now.

After the previous events in DEMON FROM THE DARK, I was curious to see how Kresley would incorporate past events to influence this new novel. Due to the prior knowledge of Regin's fate in the Order's facilities, a guessing game (of sorts) began for me. When would she be mistreated? How would that affect the relationship? Would it happen early on? Later? A nice addition to keep me on my toes.

There's less sex in this book, but sex does not always equate to a successful romance. The sex that was there was hot. Also, to compensate for the lack of sexytime, readers are gifted with lots of action, violence, and fun. I hope Kresley continues to make each of her books filled with that much heart pumping action.

Also, Lothaire. Enough said. I loved the scenes where that crazy vampire--literally!--led us around on some wild chases. Definitely looking forward to his book now in 2012.

Like many of Kresley's books, DREAMS OF A DARK WARRIOR satisfied my hunger for witty humor, heartbreaking romances, and sexy heroes, while also leaving me desolate in my angst-filled wait for the next book in the series. I would be stupid not to recommend this book or series to any fan of paranormal novels--especially romances. If you're new to the Immortals After Dark series, then you should hurry the hell up already and start reading! Any fan can attest to the sheer genius Kresley Cole is.

I wish I had her writing skills.

3 comments:

  1. I am gonna go on and order this book should have preordered now I have to wait ugh lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love Kresley Cole's books and can't wait for the next. I have never been disappointed with any of her work-I am glad that so many others agree!

    ReplyDelete