A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Monday, October 10, 2011

Cover Wars: Anna and the French Kiss vs Lola and the Boy Next Door

Cover Wars
(inspired by Kate's Throwdown Thursday at The Neverending Shelf)

Cover Wars is a weekly post occurring every Monday at Book Faery.
Two covers will have a "face off," and it will be up to the readers to
decide who is the victor and who is the loser.  This is a great way for
readers to have their voice be heard, while also promoting new/old books
in the process.


Last week we had a showdown between Spellbound by Cara Lynn Shultz, and Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins.

The Winner (unanimous):
  Spellbound by Cara Lynn Shultz!


Anna and the French Kiss VS Lola and the Boy Next Door


To celebrate Lola's recent release, I decided to pin these two against each other. Which gets your vote?

9 comments:

  1. Definitely Anna! The cover looks much more sophisticated and unique than Lola. And I prefer how Anna looks as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the cover of Anna and the French kiss :) That definintly gets my vote :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lola! I don't like Anna's cover because it's so cheesy and not anything like what I had imagined Anna to look. Lola actually looks like what I would have imagined Lola to look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While Lola's hair catches my attention, my vote goes to Anna. I love the France background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must say Anna because, personally, I think that Lola looks a bit creepy. Too much like a robot. :/ Plus, Anna has the Eiffel Tower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS - the background wins it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let's see..... I must say. Neither. I just don't care for either. The only reason I'd pick either up is because they both look like fluff contemps. Which I LOVE... but it wouldn't be because I liked the cover.
    And I'm not a fan of Anna & The French Kiss........ I don't see how people thought it was so good. But I still want to read Lola! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well since they completely stuffed up the Photoshop job for Anna, I'd have to say Lola. But I did like Anna more contents-wise. They always say that the sequel is never as good as the first and they were right for Lola. Just didn't like it as much as Anna.

    ReplyDelete