A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Monday, October 17, 2011

Supporting Others

Cover Wars will air on Book Faery Tues, Oct 18th. Sorry for the delay folks, but there is an anthology I think many of us should support.

Bonnie, Karin Tabke's wonderful assistant, notified me of a fundraiser Karin and a couple of other authors were participating in.

"Britain's Kindest Kid", Harry Moseley, was more than a nice kid with a big heart; he was a real life hero.
 
A hero with an inoperable brain tumor who raised over £500,000.00 for Cancer Research UK. Sadly, he lost his battle with cancer at the age of just 11. 
 
Continuing Harry's quest for research funds, are an amazing group of 19 romance writers, along with a wonderful cover artist/graphic designer,  who have come together to support and raise money for Cancer Research UK, in memory of Harry Moseley, a true hero.

It is with great sadness for me to say that Harry's mother announced on October 8th, 2011 that "my brave inspirational boy fell asleep in my arms at 11.10pm." I did not know Harry, but reading that one simple line continues to bring tears to my eyes whenever I see it.

While we cannot help Harry, I still feel it is important for us to support others with cancer, which is why we should all pitch in to support this anthology. The proceeds will go to Harry's charity of choice: Cancer Research UK. 

There is so much ugliness in the world--especially with all of the riots and financial issues and selfishness amongst our world leaders. But you know what? It's important to remember that while they may be in charge, they cannot dictate who or what we support/are passionate about. Some of these people may be rotten to the core from corruption, but we are not.

Maybe, instead of buying a morning Starbucks coffee, we could all forgo these creature comforts for one morning in order to support such a wonderful cause. The anthology is only 99 cents, after all.



"Britain's Kindest Kid", Harry Moseley, is more than a nice kid with a big heart; he’s a real life hero. An eleven-year old hero with an inoperable brain tumor who has raised over £500,000.00 for Cancer Research UK.
 
Joining Harry in his quest for research funds, are an amazing group of 18 romance writers, along with a wonderful cover artist/graphic designer, who have come together to support Harry, and his charity: Cancer Research UK.
 
"Author Moments" is a collection of essays written by these talented writers. As a bonus, each author has included an excerpt from one of their current, or upcoming, releases.

From the New York Times bestselling lists to the writer who is just beginning their quest, you will find this anthology filled with generous writing advice and anecdotes. It won’t matter where you are on your road to publication or even in your life journey, Author Moments will fill you with love, laughter and a renewed hope that all things are possible when you care enough to come together and make a difference.  Like real life hero, Harry Moseley.
 
The Authors Helping Harry invite you to pitch in and help Harry find a cure simply by purchasing a copy of this wonderful anthology. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, thank you for promoting this. I will certainly buy this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sad to hear Harry had died. He was an esceptional boy, who helped a great many cancer sufferers.

    I bought this soon after it was released. It was nice to read the struggles and inspiration from the authors. It will help the novice writer to see that, although the business is hard, it can be rewarding.

    Loved the excerpts from the books by these authors. I was introduced to many new ones to try.

    Readers will like this book.

    ReplyDelete