A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Guest Post with Kelly Meding

Hi everyone! I'm pleased to announce that the wonderful Kelly Meding, author of the Dreg City series, is here to discuss her newest book with us all.

Connect with Kelly:
{website} {twitter} {goodreads}



Juggling two book series at once is a bit of a crazy-making experience, especially when it comes time to promote the new series and introduce it to readers. Especially in introducing the MetaWars series to the readers of my Dreg City series. MetaWars is both similar and different, and I'm very excited to offer it to the world.

It occurred to me that, instead of me introducing the individual new characters to readers, I'd let other characters do that for me. And not just any characters—the Dreg City characters will be doing brief one-on-one interviews of the MetaWars characters. And if you haven't read either series yet, or haven't even heard of me, then I hope these Interviews will at least pique your curiosity.

Today Evangeline Stone, heroine of the Dreg City books, will be interviewing Teresa West, heroine of the first MetaWars book TRANCE. What follows is a transcript of their interaction, which includes five pre-written questions, and then a final statement from Teresa.

If you have any questions for either character, feel free to ask them in the comments section!

Enjoy!

#

Evangeline: Okay, so I've been told that since this is a family show, I can't swear, and anyone who knows me knows why it's important.

Teresa: I'm guessing you cuss a lot?

E: I have been doing it less often, though. When I was still a Hunter, I was a big fu-freaking potty mouth. *coughs* Anyway, I have five starter questions I'm supposed to ask.

T: Shoot.

E: I'm not even touching the jokes in that…anyway. Question one, who are you and what do you do?

T: Isn't that two questions?

E: I don't write them, Violet, I just read them.

T: Okay. My name is Teresa West, and my Ranger codename is Trance. It better fit my original powers, which where a sort of telepathy, but not so much my new powers. Um, I'm technically a superhero, even though my actual employment status is a bit up in the air right now.

E: Question two, what do your Meta powers do?

T: Blow things up. I can create energy orbs of various sizes. I'm still getting the hang of it, but I can sometimes use the energy to create a force field.

E: That sounds freaking awesome.

T: Don't you have powers of some sort, too? Fast healing sounds pretty useful to me.

E: Trust me, it is. I can teleport, too, but blowing things up with your hands? Can I tell you how many times I'd like to have been able to do that? I probably wouldn't have died the first time.

T: First time?

E: This isn't about me. So question three, do you have a love interest? If yes, who? If no, why not?

T: Huh?

E: I don't write them, I just—

T: Read them, I know. *pause* I don't know how to answer that question. I mean, there's definitely Gage. I had a huge crush on him when we were kids, and he's ten times as handsome now. He's sweet and attentive, but then he just shuts down. I can't figure him out, and I feel like he's hiding something from me.

E: Men and their secrets. You know, if they'd just talk to us, things would be a hell of a lot easier.

T: No kidding. Fourth question?

E: If you could be anything other than a superhero, what would you be and why?

T: Impossible to answer. I've known I'd be a superhero since I was a small child. Even while my powers were gone, I had this strange feeling that I wasn't meant for anything else. That's probably why I wiled away my life in food service for so many years, waiting for…something. For this.

E: Last question. Who is the one person you most want to have look at you and say they're proud?

T: My dad. He died a long time ago, but he taught me everything I know about being brave and being a hero. He was legend among the Rangers. I'd like to know he's proud of me and the things I've done.

E: Anything else you want to add?

T: You don't need superpowers to be a hero to someone else. Sometimes all you need to do is love them.

E: Good advice. And thanks for taking the time.

T: Thanks for keeping the swearing to a minimum.

*laughter*

END



Thanks for stopping by Kelly!

Pre-order TRANCE:
{Amazon} {B&N} {Book Depot}


 

Kelly Meding’s war-ravaged Los Angeles is ground zero for the ultimate Meta human showdown in this sexy, action-packed new series.
  
Fifteen years ago, Teresa “Trance” West was a skilled telepath and a proud member of the Ranger Corps. But ever since the Rangers were inexplicably rendered powerless at the climax of the devastating Meta War, she’s bounced from one dead-end job to another. Now her powers have reappeared just as mysteriously as they vanished— only they’re completely transformed and more potent than ever. And they’re threatening to destroy her.    
Trance heads to Los Angeles to track down the surviving Rangers and discover who restored her powers—and why—but a phantom enemy is determined to kill them before they can reassemble. As they dodge his deadly attacks and come to terms with their new role as heroes, Trance and the rest of the team set out to annihilate the sinister madman . . . only to discover their own powers are his greatest weapons.

2 comments:

  1. so first, I have always been a big fan of the dreg city series since book one, but I absolutely cannot wait for this new series!!! Thanks so much for this! Great way to introduce new characters!!! LOVED IT!!

    ReplyDelete