A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Monday, November 7, 2011

Cover Wars: Everneath vs Cinder

Cover Wars
(inspired by Kate's Throwdown Thursday at The Neverending Shelf)

Cover Wars is a weekly post occurring every Monday at Book Faery.
Two covers will have a "face off," and it will be up to the readers to
decide who is the victor and who is the loser.  This is a great way for
readers to have their voice be heard, while also promoting new/old books
in the process.



Last week we had a showdown between Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead, and Ghost Town by Rachel Caine.

The Winner:

  Ghost Town by Rachel Caine!


Everneath VS Cinder




These covers are both so pretty, I don't know if I could choose. Can you?

24 comments:

  1. Everneath! Plus it is one amazing book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everneath! I really like the cover of Cinder, but I love dresses xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both covers are pretty, but I'd pick Everneath as my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a tough choice because they are both beautiful covers, but I think Everneath caught my eye first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going purely on prettiness, I would say Everneath. However, I think Cinder is more dramatic and tells you more about the story. There are too many "girl in pretty dress" covers. They're pretty, but they don't tell you anything, you know? So, I think I have to go with Cinder =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everneath! The cover was so beautiful that I had to ask the publisher for an ARC and it is an even more wonderful story than the cover is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them both too--and I love that both covers have red in them! But I think the swirls in EVERNEATH definitely make me like it more ;P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cinder. What's more epic than a symbolic Cinderella shoe with a mysterious cyborg ankle? Everneath looks too similar to every other book on the market atm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cinder! Just looking at the cover I want to know more about the story. And like Casey already said, *There are too many "girl in pretty dress" covers.*

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cover for Everneath is nice and all, but am absolutely in love with the simplicity of the cover of Cinder.
    So Cinder has my vote. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everneath is pretty but I feel like I've seen it 100 times already.
    Cinder is simple yet is has a creepy feel to it that makes me want to know more about the story inside.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both are great, but Cinder has my vote. I'm pretty over the "girl in a dress" covers and I love how Cinder's gives me an idea of its story (which was amazing!).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tough call, but I choose Cinder! Plus, I am absolutely dying to read that book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. At first glance I'd pick Everneath but I don't like the background color and the girl's pose just screams runway model. Plus it isn't all that original, pretty though it may be.

    The cover for Cinder is simple but unique and I love the font.

    My vote goes to Cinder.

    ~Briana

    ReplyDelete
  15. CINDER. No contest. It's brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sick of girls in dresses! I vote for CINDER! Plus it actually reveals something about the story (which is fantastic, btw)!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhh I like both alot...but I think Cinder is just a bit cooler!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love both books and love Marissa, but........EVERNEATH has my vote. I'm completely obsessed with this cover!! Though CINDER does look even better in person because you can't see the silver in the computer-generated image!

    ReplyDelete
  19. While Everneath is beautiful I have to say Cinder because there are way too many covers with women in beautiful dresses - now feet....you don't see that as often - plus I LOVED CINDER! AHHH It is definitely in my favorites section now!

    Pabkins @ Mission to Read

    ReplyDelete