A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Sunday, November 6, 2011

It's that time again...

I'm assuming most of you have noticed the dramatic increase in guest posts and the decrease of book reviews these past few weeks. Well, I've been talking with a few other bloggers (like Karen, Sandy, and Amanda) and after reading this post full of awesomness (and deciding that I am at like five different stages at once), I've decided it is that time again.

What time is it, you ask?

Semi-hiatus time.

The fact of the matter is that I am working a part-time job on the weekends, I have classes all day on Monday/Wednesday, and I babysit Tuesdays. This doesn't leave me much time to get any reading done, and the reading I do get done is actually for the classes I'm enrolled in.

I'm dissatisfied with the current content being posted on Book Faery. I don't like only offering guest posts while my schedule requires me to focus on other things... it makes it feel like I'm doing a half-assed job--at best--when it comes to blogging. I don't like posting about obscure authors that it is clear nobody really wants to read about (no offense to any obscure authors I am referring to). I want this blog to appeal to my readers, and in order to do that, I think I need to remember what used to appeal to me as a reader a long, long time ago. Did I want to hear about that self-published author who charged $9.99 for their ebook? Hell to the no I did not.

With that said, I think posting about some awesome authors and their tour schedules is interesting--especially for people who are in the area and who might not know about these events. Will it be redundant? Possibly, but hey, someone might not know otherwise. I also think that it is awesome having debates about things that are currently happening--whether it be in the publishing industry, or just on some social networking sites.

I'm pretty positive that if you're a long time follower, that you've heard this all before. Tori's going to get her act together once the semester is over! Well... I'm really going to try. No promises, because who knows what will happen come December?

There may not be as many posts from now until the time I graduate, but I will try to still be posting. As for book reviews, that is where the hiatus will be coming from. I just do not have the time to be posting about the books I cannot read. I will try to host some giveaways between now and the time I come off my hiatus. Likewise, I am going to begin searching for a second permanent reviewer for Book Faery for the new year. If you may be interested, you can email me to discuss it.

Either way, once I'm done with undergrad school, expect an increase in reviewing. And perhaps a blog face-lift. We're in dire need for a new look!

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! School been taking up all my times as well, can't seem to find any reading time. Especially with exams and projects back to back till the semester ends. Good luck in school, and your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I've got all the projects and papers due almost every single week until the end of the semester, also. It's rough, but so long as you get your work done, it's worth it :)

    What I've noticed is that readers will always welcome you back to the blogging community with open arms after your hiatus, so take that time off if you need to. Good luck with your semester!

    ReplyDelete
  3. best of luck! We will all be looking forward to your return to blogdom (that is a word, isn't it? )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sharon! :)

    It is a word now :P

    ReplyDelete