A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Monday, December 5, 2011

Cover Wars: Untraceable vs Delirium

(inspired by Kate's Throwdown Thursday at The Neverending Shelf)

Cover Wars is a weekly post occurring every Monday at Book Faery.
Two covers will have a "face off," and it will be up to the readers to
decide who is the victor and who is the loser.  This is a great way for
readers to have their voice be heard, while also promoting new/old books
in the process.


Last week we had a showdown between Swear by Nina Malkin and Crave by Melissa Darnell.
 
The Winner (unanimous):
  Swear by Nina Malkin!


Untraceable vs Delirium


 
Vote for your favorite cover in the comments!
--Amanda

36 comments:

  1. Delirium. Mainly because I've actually seen it at the bookstore and it is gorgeous in person. Pandemoium (the next book) is even more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Untracebable ...love the green and the eye :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, they are so similar. I think I'll go with Untraceable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going with Delirium for two reasons:
    - I like the editing use on the font.
    - The girl's face pop ups more.

    But I like the eyes on Untraceable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover to the left looks somewhat sinister while the cover to right tends to convey innocence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As much as I love Delirium, I have to choose Untraceable. I think it just is more eye-catching. If the two were side by side on the shelf (and I wasn't familiar with either), I'd probably pick up Untraceable first.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My vote goes to Delirium. The cover is far more striking compared to Untraceable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delirium, because I find the brighter colors to draw my attention a wee bit more.

    I wish I could combine elements of both books into one... The brightness of the Delirium cover with the girl's eye on Untraceable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh, now that I'm looking at the covers more, I like the leafy effect on Untraceable :/ it still doesn't 100% grab me like Delirium does because the shadowing is maybe a bit too much... Or something, but I like the leafy border more now haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm going to go with Untraceable for the brightness of the green and the incredible blue eye.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to go with Delirium. They eye on Untraceable looks inhuman. That may be the point, but I'd be more likely to pick up Delirium on a whim. Although the plant on Delirium's cover is really weird.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Untraceable. There's something mysterious about the girl hiding in the shadows behind the leaves. Delirium is too artificially lit. And the model's eyes on Untraceable are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Untraceable!

    I'm actually angry they changed the Dilirium cover. The first was so georgeous! I don't really care for the new one. :]

    ReplyDelete
  14. Untraceable for sure. What is that poking into the cheek of the girl on the other cover?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Untraceable. So much more mysterious and alluring. The lighting is just too bright for my taste on Delirium.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both are beautiful, but I have to pick Untraceable. LOVE the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG I cannot believe all the Untraceable love! Thanks guys for liking it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My vote goes to Untraceable!!! the Green Is unbelievably beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would have to say Delirium. Something with the green leaves in Untraceable doesn't do it for me...

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the way the title looks on Delirium, but I love the whole Untraceable cover. My vote is Untraceable.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Untraceable!!! is the best cover look at those colors. LUV IT!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, that is not the cover I have on Delirium.

    Anyways, I like both covers but I like Untraceable better. Just a little more pop and interest to it. I polled my 17 yr old son, he also liked Untraceable.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I thing they are both attractive, but my vote is for Untraceable.

    ReplyDelete
  24. both are eye-catching, but untraceable gets my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  25. both are eye-catching, but untraceable gets my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Untraceable, hands down. It is a beautiful cover, riveting. That's the kind of cover that makes me want to pick a book up. Unfortunately, next to it, Delirium just doesn't measure up.

    ReplyDelete
  27. UNTRACEABLE! Its a beautiful cover and the colors work sooo well and reflect the story perfectly! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Untraceable, definitely. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Untraceable! It's beautiful!
    I like Delirium but I think the plant is a little freaky and out there. :D

    ReplyDelete