A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Battle of the Sexies: Thank you!

I didn't expect the end to come so quickly!  Back in April, the BOTS was nothing more than a simple idea buzzing about in my head like some annoying little gnat.  When I emailed a group of authors in May, the positive response was overwhelming... and that's when I knew I had to at least try to organize the Battle of the Sexies. 

Who would have thought so many wonderful people would contribute prizes and posts?  I'm still buzzing with excitement about that!

With that said, I thought that a post was necessary to thank everyone who helped make this possible.  Because seriously, all of these authors, publicists, assistants, and bloggers could have made my life a living nightmare with formatting posts and fishing for information, pictures, and whatever else you can imagine.

First and foremost, thank you to all the authors who contributed either a prize, a guest post, or both.  Without all of you, this really wouldn't have happened!

  • Alexandra Ivy
  • Anastasia Hopcus
  • Andrea Cremer
  • Anita Clenney
  • Artist Arthur
  • Becca Fitzpatrick
  • Carolyn Crane
  • Dakota Banks
  • DB Reynolds
  • Faith Hunter
  • Gena Showalter
  • Jaye Wells
  • Jenna Black
  • Jennifer Ashley
  • Jeannie Holmes
  • Jennifer Rardin
  • Jess Haines
  • JK Beck
  • Julie Kagawa
  • Karen Chance 
  • Karsten Knight
  • Kelly Meding
  • Kelley Armstrong
  • Keri Arthur
  • Kresley Cole
  • Kristin Stefanos
  • Lara Adrian
  • Laura Bickle
  • Laura Stamps
  • Leanna Renee Hieber
  • Leah Cypess
  • Lindsey Leavitt
  • Meagan Hatfield
  • Merrie Destefano
  • Moira Rogers
  • Nalini Singh
  • Rae Lori
  • Sharon Ashwood
  • Tera Lynn Childs
  • Tricia Rayburn
  • Vivian Arend

A huge thank you to these other contributors, who worked behind the scenes:
  • Alison, Kelley Armstrong's assistant 
  • Brooke, Kresley Cole's assistant 
  • Erica at Simon and Schuster
  • Hallie at Disney
  • Heather, Lara Adrian's assistant
  • Lisa, the Online Publicist
  • Natasha at Falk Associates
  • Sara at Penguin

I also can't forget the wonderful bloggers who participated either!  So thank you: Kristi (The Story Siren) and Abigail (All Things Urban Fantasy) for contributing two amazing guest posts with these authors! 

And last, but certainly not least, thank you to everyone who was kind enough to retweet about the guest posts and giveaways more times than I can even count!  There were days when I thought TweetDeck was going to go haywire because there were so many. 

I hope you all had fun this month.  I certainly did!  And if you haven't done so already, I would appreciate it if you all could fill out the survey I posted.  Your responses will definitely help me decide whether or not I should organize something like this ever again :)  Hell, The Battle of the Sexies occurred during my 6 month blogversary... who knows what'll happen for the 1 year.

I'll be announcing winners between September 5th and September 6thPlease make sure you keep an eye out for the winners post!  I will NOT be emailing winners this time around.

7 comments:

  1. This was a wonderful event where we all learned more about the genres and the amazing authors who make these books so great. Thank you everyone for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU Tori for organizing it all and presenting us with such entertainment. You did a bang up job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an amazing job with this event. Thank you for putting the time and effort into making it great. Looking forward to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anytime. This was such a fun event :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, this was loads of fun! Loved seeing some of the great answers people gave to my question, and how many people participated. I'd be happy to come back anytime. =)

    <3,
    -J

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for a fantastic event! It was so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete