A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

AAD NOLA Author Spotlight: Leanna R Hieber



Lord Denbury, the hero of DARKER STILL: A Novel of Magic Most Foul, first in the Magic Most Foul saga, a paranormal tale set in 1880 New York City told through the diary entries of a spirited heroine, Miss Natalie Stewart, offers us an insight into himself and his character.

Character Name: Jonathon Whitby, Lord Denbury
Character Appearance: Oh, I don't want to be immodest, but my darling heroine, Miss Natalie Stewart, has such lavish things to say about me. It brings color to my cheeks, so I'll just let you read the description from her diary, where she happened upon my portrait:

"I’d never seen anything so beautiful in all my life. His eyes were impossibly real. Bright, shocking blue, they burned with cerulean light. They cried out from the canvas, desperate for more show of life than brushstrokes, as if a mere two dimensions were an insult. He was tall and sure, broad-shouldered and fit, his hands clasped behind his back. Jet black hair was neat around his ears, with gentle curls. He looked firm, authoritative, master of his domain. The masculine lines of his face were beautifully
composed, as one would expect of a dark seraphim. His lips were set in a stern expression of young defiance, his perfect nostrils flared."

Goodness my heroine does have a way with words... Thank goodness I find her as equally captivating!

What is your favorite novel?: Oh, I do love a rollicking adventure novel. I am quite a fan of those Musketeer books. I never thought I'd find myself in some dark, strange adventure myself, but here I am. I wouldn't mind a good swordfight now and then.

What is one thing you wouldn't be caught dead doing?: Gambling and whoring like my uncles and extended family. I take my title seriously, but I'd never squander it, I was raised better than that, raised to be a true gentleman.

What do you want to be when you grow up?: I am eighteen years old, an adult, thank you very much, and I've already been in training to be a doctor. I'd like to do some good in this world and nothing fascinates me so much as modern advances in medicine.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?: Out of this damned curse I've been put in, having resumed my own physician's practice and treating my lovely Miss Stewart to a fine life in a gorgeous home either here in New York City where we are presently, or back in my home in England, where I could provide her with anything her heart desires. (But only after we've traveled the globe and satiated our curiosity for all the world has to offer.) Oh, and I'd marry her along the way, of course.

What is your least favorite food?: Anything with a head on it. If my food stares back at me, it's unsettling. (I have learned my authoress is a vegetarian, she might be on to something...)

What is your biggest pet peeve?: People who are not made accountable for their actions.

If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?: Other than reversing the curse that imprisoned me in a painting? Well, I think I'd like invisibility. So I could infiltrate the operations of my kidnappers and possessors and find out exactly how to stop them from ever harming another person again.


Thank you kindly for your interest, Ms. Faery of books, and for those reading, thank you, do follow my authoress Ms. Hieber http://leannareneehieber.com and twittering http://twitter.com/leannarenee and on that peculiar book of faces: http://facebook.com/lrhieber - Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm very intriguing bit, I want to know what the book is all about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great author spotlight! I really loved reading Darker Still. Natalie is such a fantastic and a strong heroin. While Jonathon kind, patient and extremely hot.

    ReplyDelete