A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Tori's Review: Lothaire by Kresley Cole


Released:
January 10, 2012
Hardcover: 506 pages
Price: $25.00
Publisher: Simon & Schuster 
Source: Bought 
Genre: Paranormal Romance 
Series: Immortals After Dark 
Buy: Amazon


Add this book to your Goodreads shelf


ALL FEAR THE ENEMY OF OLD

Driven by his insatiable need for revenge, Lothaire, the Lore’s most ruthless vampire, plots to seize the Horde’s crown. But bloodlust and torture have left him on the brink of madness—until he finds Elizabeth Peirce, the key to his victory. He captures the unique young mortal, intending to offer up her very soul in exchange for power, yet Elizabeth soothes his tormented mind and awakens within him emotions Lothaire believed he could no longer experience.

A DEADLY FORCE DWELLS WITHIN HER

Growing up in desperate poverty, Ellie Peirce yearned for a better life, never imagining she’d be convicted of murder—or that an evil immortal would abduct her from death row. But Lothaire is no savior, as he himself plans to sacrifice Ellie in one month’s time. And yet the vampire seems to ache for her touch, showering her with wealth and sexual pleasure. In a bid to save her soul, Ellie surrenders her body to the wicked vampire, while vowing to protect her heart.

CENTURIES OF COLD INDIFFERENCE SHATTERED

Elizabeth tempts Lothaire beyond reason, as only his fated mate could. As the month draws to a close, he must choose between a millennia-old blood vendetta and his irresistible prisoner. Will Lothaire succumb to the miseries of his past . . . or risk everything for a future with her?


My Rating:
 

My Opinion:
I have no words to describe how fucking amazing LOTHAIRE was, so I'm not even going to bother trying to write a "real" review. If you've read any of the IAD books, you know how kickass Lothaire (as a character) is, and if you haven't read his book yet, I genuinely don't know what could be stopping you... aside from my advice to NOT read this book if you haven't read the previous ones in the series, that is.

If you haven't read any of Kresley's Immortals After Dark books, then you are seriously missing out on one AMAZING paranormal romance series. All of Kresley's characters are three dimensional and funny to boot. Every single time I read another IAD book, I feel like I am being reunited with a bunch of old friends. No other book or series has had that effect on me. Ever.

LOTHAIRE gets two thumbs up and a highly, highly, HIGHLY recommended from me. I don't dare say anything more, since I don't want to spoil it, and since there really isn't much for me to say without beginning the fangirl squealing. Read it, people!


Series Order:
1. The Warlord Wants Forever
2. A Hunger Like No Other
3. No Rest for the Wicked
4. Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night
5. Dark Needs at Night's Edge
6. Dark Desires After Dusk
7. Kiss of a Demon King
8. Deep Kiss of Winter (Tori's Review)
9. Pleasure of a Dark Prince
10. Demon from the Dark (Tori's Review)
11. Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Tori's Review)
12. Lothaire

8 comments:

  1. Totally agree with your review Tori! Loved this book, amazing how Kresley Cole made me fall for him, when I really did not like him before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I thought he was just some psycho... until reading his book, hehe.

      Delete
    2. Actually, he still is a little psycho, but in a good way!

      Delete
    3. Well, he still is kind of psycho, but in a good way!

      Delete
    4. Of course he is, but at least we know *why* he's psycho now ;)

      Delete
  2. lol, I write this type of "review" often. When a series has as many books in it as this one does, no review is necessary cause fans are going to read it no matter what anyone says and people who are new to the series would get everything spoiled if you mentions things. Great job on the fan girl squee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL thank you very much! It's difficult to write a review for a book this far into the series. And I want to give a fair review--especially for such an amazing book/series by an equally amazing author.

      Delete
  3. shame shame ahamed of me/ i have not read those yet/ great not a review review

    ReplyDelete