A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Author Interview with Jordan Deen




Don't forget to check out the Wolfy Chicks blog for today's research question!  You need all 16 correct answers in order to be entered in the grand prize giveaway.


I grew up in a small town 45 minutes outside of East St. Louis, Illinois. I discovered my talent for wordsmithing at the age of seven when my family home burnt down. Of course losing my family home wasn't exciting enough! So, aliens did it. The dogs wanted revenge against the cats becuase they could be inside... you get the idea.

At twelve, my family relocated to California and I've continued to concentrate on my love of all things reading, writing and story-telling.

My reading taste hovers towards the YA audience as there is just something authentic and magical about first loves and building friendships that will last a lifetime (or not).

Even though 'The Crescent' is a YA Urban Fantasy, I tend to write a bit of everything. I have a few edgy YA novels in process, a book about witches, a Sci-Fi novel and several others that I'm not sure where they are going yet. Again, I write what I feel, when I'm feeling it.

Connect with Jordan:
Website | Blog | Twitter | Goodreads




Can you tell readers one unique thing about yourself?
Hi Tori! Thanks for hosting the Crossroads Tour! One very unique thing about me is I waited until I was 32 to get my first tattoo because I’m terrified of needles. My first tattoo is a memorial for my brother who passed away in July 2003; I got it in August of 2009. Since then, I’ve gotten two more in dedication to my love of reading and writing. I have a “reader fairy” on my upper left shoulder and the “tree of life” down my whole right side/back. Yes, it hurt and no, I won’t be getting anymore.

Why werewolves?
Actually, I had no interest in writing a werewolf book until my dog wouldn’t let me in the house one night. I freaked out and my imagination took over. After the initial scare that the dog could sense something was wrong, I started to think about what type of book I would write about a dog that was a werewolf. The story just morphed from there.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of The Crescent?
I was addicted to working on ‘The Crescent’. The story wouldn’t stop coming to me in waves and there would be two or three days at a time that I would write ten thousand words at a time of the story. Overall, the first draft took less than a month. ‘Half Moon’, the sequel, was a nine-month labor of love. It didn’t come nearly as easily because the story is so much more in depth and has so many more elements to their world.

Who's your favorite character from the series?
Alex is my favorite boy from the series, however, Lily was my favorite character to write. She is a seriously fun, untapped resource that will start to evolve more and become a larger part of the story over all.

1 comment:

  1. Did you ever find out why your dogs were freaking out about letting you go in the house? I don't know if I would have gone in. Ghosts would have been my first thought. And how do you get them to leave????


    Heather

    ReplyDelete