A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Author Interview with Stacey Kade



Don't forget to check out the Wolfy Chicks blog for today's research question!  You need all 16 correct answers in order to be entered in the grand prize giveaway.


As an award-winning corporate copywriter, Stacey Kade has written about everything from backhoe loaders to breast pumps. But she prefers to make things up instead.

From her first childhood scribbles about a magical necklace that would turn people into cats, Stacey has long been fascinated with what happens when the “ordinary” bumps up against “out of this world.” What if aliens landed on Earth? What if the afterlife is really just another dimension?

She lives in the Chicago suburbs with her husband, Greg, and their three retired racing greyhounds, Joezooka (Joe), Tall Walker (Walker) and SheWearsThePants (Pansy). When she’s not reading or writing, you’ll likely find her parked in front of the television with her Roswell DVDs, staring rapturously at Jason Behr.



Connect with Stacey:
Website | Blog | Twitter | Goodreads



Want to learn more about THE GHOST AND THE GOTH'S characters?  Well you're in luck!  Stacey's going to give us some inside info on these wonderful teens.


1 . Heroine's name, age, occupation: Alona Dare, 18 (at age of death), spirit

2 . Hero's name, age, occupation: Will Killian, 18, busboy and ghost-talker

3 . Heroine's favorite food: Well, she’s dead, so no more eating. But the way she talks about Krispy Kreme makes me think that would be her choice. : )

4 . One thing the hero would never be caught dead doing: openly declaring himself as a ghost-talker.

5 . Subgenre: YA paranormal romance

6 . What do you think readers will like best about this book? I hope they find it funny and entertaining, an escape from regular life.


Thanks for stopping by Stacey!


After a close encounter with the front end of a school bus, Alona Dare goes from Homecoming Queen to Queen of the Dead. Now she’s stuck here in spirit form with no sign of the big, bright light coming to take her away. To make matters worse, the only person who might be able to help her is Will Killian, a total loser/outcast type who hates the social elite. He alone can see and hear her, but he wants nothing to do with the former mean girl of Groundsboro High.

Can they get over their mutual distrust—and this weird attraction between them—to work together before Alona vanishes for good and Will is locked up for seeing things that don’t exist?



Purchase THE GHOST AND THE GOTH
Amazon ~ B&N ~ Borders ~ Book Depot

5 comments:

  1. I can just imagine Alona trying to swipe at a plate of Krispy Kremes and being pissed when she can't, lol.

    Fun post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to a lot of laughs with this book. I've seen Wills and I've seen Alonas but never together. The look on his face like he can't get far enough away from her is priceless. Can't wait to read it!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'd talk about Krispy Kremes long after my death, too. I can totally relate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it does sound funny...on my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete