A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Author Interview with Rosemary Clement-Moore



Don't forget to check out the Wolfy Chicks blog for today's research question!  You need all 16 correct answers in order to be entered in the grand prize giveaway.


I’ve been writing stories all my life, even when I should have been doing other things, like studying Algebra. My first paying job was as Chuck E. Cheese. I worked in theatre for years, and now I’m writing full time, which is my dream job, because I get to work in my pajamas and take a break every afternoon to play Guitar Hero.


Connect with Rosemary:



Can you tell readers one unique thing about yourself?
I have a ridiculous love of bags. Not expensive bags (though I like those, too) but any type of bag, from backpacks to luggage to those little bags ‘gift with purchase’ bags you get at the cosmetic counter. I have more bags than I will ever be able to use, but I can’t resist them!

What is one thing your heroine would never be caught dead doing?Spending as much money on purses as I do.

What is the premise of Maggie Quinn: Girl vs Evil?
Maggie is a plucky girl detective who solves supernatural mysteries. If you mix Nancy Drew or Veronica Mars with the show “Supernatural” you’d have the Maggie Quinn series. (I wrote the first book in the series before Supernatural came on, but I could TOTALLY see a crossover! That would be so awesome, even if it only ever happens in my head.)

If you could suggest any book you've written to a new reader, which would it be?

If they love a quick read, then Prom Dates From Hell, the first book in the Maggie Quinn series would be a great place to start. It’s funny and quick, with a lot of zippy action and a ton of snarky dialogue. The Splendor Falls, my latest book, is a stand-alone novel, and it’s a longer book, with a spooky story that unfolds along with a lot of mystery and romance. If someone likes a book that you really sink into, and likes more romance with their spooky stuff, that’s the book for them.


Thanks for stopping by Rosemary!


Sylvie Davis is a ballerina who can’t dance. A broken leg ended her career, but Sylvie’s pain runs deeper. What broke her heart was her father’s death, and what’s breaking her spirit is her mother’s remarriage—a union that’s only driven an even deeper wedge into their already tenuous relationship.

Uprooting her from her Manhattan apartment and shipping her to Alabama is her mother’s solution for Sylvie’s unhappiness. Her father’s cousin is restoring a family home in a town rich with her family’s history. And that’s where things start to get shady. As it turns out, her family has a lot more history than Sylvie ever knew. More unnerving, though, are the two guys that she can’t stop thinking about. Shawn Maddox, the resident golden boy, seems to be perfect in every way. But Rhys—a handsome, mysterious foreign guest of her cousin’s—has a hold on her that she doesn’t quite understand.

Then she starts seeing things. Sylvie’s lost nearly everything—is she starting to lose her mind as well?


Purchase THE SPLENDOR FALLS
Amazon ~ B&N ~ Borders ~ Book Depot

1 comment: