A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Friday, October 29, 2010

Author Interview with Linda Joy Singleton




As usual, don't forget to check out the Wolfy Chicks blog for today's research question!  You need all 16 correct answers in order to be entered in the grand prize giveaway.

Linda Joy Singleton has written YA & MG series about Goths, psychics, mermaids, aliens, cheerleaders, clones, parallel worlds and ghosts.


Her YA series, THE SEER and DEAD GIRL, were honored as YALSA Popular Paperback/Quick Picks. Younger readers enjoy her midgrade series STRANGE ENCOUNTERS about a family that solves paranormal weirdness on vacations.


Linda has loved writing and reading for as long as she can remember. Her first completed novel was written in pencil on blue-lined paper when she was eleven. Three years later, she stepped up to a typewriter and spent a two-week Christmas vacation writing a 200-page mystery about a girl sleuth named Kerry Blue. She also submitted short stories to American Girl Magazine and received encouraging rejections which fired up to her determination to become published series author.


When Linda isn't writing, she enjoys reading, movies, country walks, camping, bowling, watching reality shows and Farmville. She also collects vintage girl series books like Nancy Drew, Judy Bolton and Trixie Belden.


She lives with her husband, David in Northern California , in a country home where she’s surrounded by horses, peacocks, dogs, wild turkeys and demanding cats.


When asked why she loves writing for teens, Linda says, “Everything is a first for teens: having a BFF (best friends forever), going to school, planning for college, getting a job, driving a car and falling in love. Writing for teens is a gift, a responsibility, and an honor.”

Connect with Linda:
Website | Blog | Twitter | Goodreads


 
Can you tell readers one unique thing about yourself?

When I was 17, I was a member of the Silhouettes; the only teenage round dance exhibition group in the country. Round dancing is like ballroom dancing only everyone does the same steps in a circle. I performed at conventions and had a great time.

What is your heroine's (from any book) favorite food?
Amber from DEAD GIRL loves chocolate (like me!).

What's your favorite color?
Pink. I even named a cat Pinky when I was a child – a boy cat!

What's the writing process typically like for you?
In the morning I write creatively for about 4-5 hours. When I have a book deadline I don’ t allow myself to leave until I’ ve added a few new pages.

Is there one question you wish bloggers would ask you about but don't? What is it, and how would you answer?
Probably a question about my book collection, since I have a library devoted to girl series books like Nancy Drew, Trixie Belden, Anne of Green Gables, and hundreds more. The old dust jackets have such beautiful, amazing art. It’ s a shame, really, that e-books are becoming so popular because paper books are fun and interesting to collect. I give talks on old books and show a power point of some great covers.

3 comments:

  1. so glad your profiling Linda! I really enjoy the Seer series I'm on book 5 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many Nancy Drew books are there now. When I stopped collecting in the 5th grade there were 52. I still have all of them in hard cover. I so wanted a car like hers. I'm thinking a convertible Thunderbird, the new ones is close to what she had though not as big.

    Heather
    I will always have paper books, ebooks give me migraines!

    ReplyDelete