A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Author Interview with Kitty Keswick




Don't forget to check out the Wolfy Chicks blog for today's research question!  You need all 16 correct answers in order to be entered in the grand prize giveaway.


Connect with Kitty:



Can you tell readers one unique thing about yourself?
I’m afraid of spiders. Anything that spins its own hotel creeps me out.

Could you give a quick summary of Freaksville for those of us who may be unfamiliar with your work?
Every woman in the Maxwell family has the gift of sight. A talent sixteen-year-old Kasey would gladly give up. Until Kasey has a vision about Josh Johnstone, the foreign exchange student from England. The vision leads her into deep waters...a lead in a play and into the arms of Josh. But Josh, too, has a secret. Something that could put them all in danger. To solve a mystery of a supernatural haunting, they must uncover the secrets of the haunted theater when they are trapped on the night of the full moon.

Reviews:
"A modern day Romeo and Juliet with a wicked twist. An action-packed debut!" ---New York Times Best-selling author, Maria V. Snyder of Fire Study, Magic Study, and Poison Study, as well as the Glass Series.
"If you like a sharp, snappy female protagonist embroiled in danger, mystery and action, Freaksville is for you."
---Teens Read and Write

What inspired you to write your story through the heroine's blog?
It seemed to fit the story. People tend to tell, more, share more, on blogs. Which some find odd, but just read blogs they are windows into our souls... People spill secrets they normally would. Blogging feels safe. (Kasey felt safe blogging, it was a way to confess her burdens and feel less like a freak. Love ones no matter how close tend to judge you, it’s in our nature. We are more accepting of strangers. We don’t have anything invested in them. I don’t think Kasey ever really believed people would read it and connect it to her.) We tell bloggers things we would share with someone we just met on the street. For example I just shared that I’m afraid of spiders. Only family and friends know that about me, well now you do, too.

But, in book two, FURRY & FREAKED will have much less blogging. It’s because it doesn’t fit with where Kasey is in the story. She doesn’t have the luxury of a computer or time to vent...

Is there one question you wish bloggers would ask you about but don't? What is it, and how would you answer?
I’ve been asked so many interesting questions. I find it hard to talk about myself, so answering bloggers is a challenge. I want to be interesting, true, but mostly I want to be true to myself. I am what I am, I don’t hide it. “To thine own self be true” is my motto and the major thread in FREAKSVILLE. If you’re not true to yourself, nobody else will be. Kasey learns this lesson in FREAKSVILLE and I hope that it’s one thing I can impart on my readers more than anything, girls need to respect themselves. We are our hardest critic.

What's your favorite color?
To decorate with, green, to wear black or red, to be around blue.

1 comment:

  1. It is easy to say things on your blog you wouldn't say to people you don't know. I've revealed a lot on my blog because I know my family hasn't bothered to even look at my blog. I think using a blog to write your book or rather writing it in that medium is a great way to do it. Lauren Myracle did ttyl by im ing on computer which is now kind of outdated since the cell phone texting is out, but blogging is in. And so anonymous unless you put your real name on your profile or live in a very small town and write things that identify yourself. I love the idea. Gonna read you soon!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete