A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Monday, October 25, 2010

Author Interview with Judith Graves




Don't forget to check out the Wolfy Chicks blog for today's research question!  You need all 16 correct answers in order to be entered in the grand prize giveaway.

Judith Graves loves tragic romance, werewolves, vampires, magick and all things a bit creepy. Thankfully, her sidekick, and lick-the-boogy-man- to-death labrador retriever, Weeping Willow, is always nearby.


Connect with Judith:
Website | Twitter | Goodreads



Can you tell readers one unique thing about yourself?
I’ m a singer/songwriter as well as a YA paranormal fiction author. You can listen to some of my tunes on my band’ s old Myspace page…hasn’ t been updated forever, but the tunes are still there: http://www.myspace.com/rusticcharm 

What is your Skinned series about?

I’ ve always been keen on the folklore from different regions. I enjoyed discovering the similarities, and the variations, between our cultural / mythological gods and monsters. After reading about the Windigo, a shapeshifter creature from First Nations lore – one that was once human, turned cannibal, and can be destroyed with silver to the heart – I marveled at this alternate version of a werewolf. What would happen, I began to speculate, if these beasties from around the world were to battle over one last bit of unclaimed territory? What then? And from that, UMS (and the Skinned series) developed.

What kind of music would Eryn be most likely caught listening to?
Anything, and I mean ANYTHING, but country.

Is there one question you wish bloggers would ask you about but don't? What is it, and how would you answer?
Q: Can we send you chocolate?
A: Yes, please!

What inspired you to write about a shifter?
Shapeshifters, especially half human ones, have so much inherent inner conflict. Do they deny their instincts and live as humans? Or do they embrace their inner beasts? How could I NOT write about such metaphors for our own dark sides lurking under our skin?


Thanks for stopping by, Judith!


All her parents wanted was for Eryn to live a normal life...

Redgrave had its share of monsters before Eryn moved to town. Mauled pets, missing children. The Delacroix family is taking the blame, but Eryn knows the truth. Something stalks the night. Wade, the police chief's son and Redgrave High's resident hottie, warns her the Delacroix are dangerous. But then so is Eryn--in fact, she's lethal.

But she can't help falling for one of the Delacroix boys, dark, brooding--human Alec. And then her world falls apart.

A normal life? Now that's the real fairytale.



Purchase UNDER MY SKIN

2 comments:

  1. sounds wonderful and a dog named Weeping Willow? You hooked me .

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great interview! Great questions. I like Judith's last answer about the metaphor of fighting your internal darker side. That was good.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete