A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Book Blogger Appreciation Week

I'm still a fairly new blogger, however, I'd like to think that the content that I post about is not only informative, but also entertaining for my readers.  So when I stumbled upon this event a couple of bloggers were talking about, I decided it couldn't hurt to enter, right?

The Book Blogger Appreciation Week is, according to the website, "a week long festival celebrating the community of book bloggers and their contribution to preserving a culture of literacy through book reviews and recommendations, reading reflections, and general bookish chat."  I thought it would be so fun to participate in something like this.

I'll be applying to be entered for:

Best Speculative Fiction Book Blog—This blog offers the best consistently excellent reviews, recommendations, analyses, and other content in fantasy, science fiction, horror, and/or paranormal books. The blog may cover several of these subgenres or just one.

Best Written Book Blog—This blog is consistently well-written, clear, and engaging, no matter what the subject. [Note that nominated bloggers for this award are required to submit 3 reviews, recommendations, or analyses of a specific title; 2 are up to the nominated blogger.]

Best New Book Blog—This blog was launched on or after September 1, 2009. The blogger has already made his or her mark in terms of the quality of the reviews, recommendations, analyses, and other content on the blog; it’s hard to imagine the book blogging world without this blogger.  [Note that nominated bloggers for this award are required to submit only 2 posts that are reviews, recommendations, or analyses of a specific title; 3 posts are left to their discretion.]

5 comments:

  1. Hey Tori!
    I gave you an award on my blog! Check it out here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Tori! You do a great job - it's hard to believe you haven't been doign this longer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck!

    I'm your newest follower. I love your site!

    You can check out mine here.

    Happy Monday!

    Arena
    aka The Nerd's Wife

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, there's a blog award for you over at my Blog!
    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Shanise :)

    Karen, I feel like I've been doing this for a while! But nope, only a few months haha.

    Arena, thanks for the follow! I hope you enjoy Book Faery :D

    Thanks Amanda!

    ReplyDelete