A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Contest Alert! (Includes a $50 Gift Card!)

Do you remember reading about my review of Hunted by the Others, which is written by the amazing author Jess Haines? Yes? No? Did any of you Google what a whale dork was?! A bit fuzzy about what I had said in the review? (Psst.. click this if you are)

Okay, so now that you know which book I'm talking about, do you remember my most recent In My Mailbox post, where I took a snapshot of James (aka Demon Spawn, "sonovabitch" Rat Bastard) with the aforementioned book?   Yes?  GOOD.  No?  Well here's the picture I was talking about:


Okay, flaunting cute puppy pictures aside, I have an announcement.  If my book review sparked your interest in HBTO, then you're going to want to CLICK THIS LINK ASAP.  Why?  Because Jess has a super awesome contest going on until June 30th!

So what exactly is this supposed super awesome contest?  It's a picture contest.  Take a picture of Hunted by the Others (even if you just see it at the bookstore!), and then send it to Jess and you'll be entered!

(There's a few rules, though, so you're probably going to want to go to the Contest Post to find out more about this)

Now, if you click on this link, you can see the list of prizes Jess is offering to three lucky winners.  Since I'm such a nice person, I've yoinked the list for your convenience.  Although, you should go check the post out anyway to see entry pictures, my awesome comment, and a link to this blog!  (Yes I still get excited when I find out people link to my blog)

The prizes are listed below:

THIRD PRIZE:
  • A round of kudos 
  • A signed copy of HUNTED BY THE OTHERS (if you already have one of these and you’re willing to wait, you can substitute NOCTURNAL or TAKEN BY THE OTHERS).

SECOND PRIZE
:
  • A round of kudos
  • A $25 gift card to Barnes & Noble
  • A signed copy of HUNTED BY THE OTHERS (if you already have one of these and you’re willing to wait, you can substitute NOCTURNAL or TAKEN BY THE OTHERS).

FIRST PRIZE
:
  • A rounds of kudos
  • A $50 gift card to Barnes & Noble
  • A personalized, signed copy of HUNTED BY THE OTHERS (if you already have one of these and you’re willing to wait, you can substitute NOCTURNAL)
  • A signed copy of an unreleased short story related to the world of the Others
  • First crack at my advance reader copies of TAKEN BY THE OTHERS when I receive them
  • Bragging rights to winning The Most Awesome Contest In All The Land (Or Maybe Just This Corner of the Internet)!

As you can see, this is pretty much AWESOME.  Not only can you win a copy of HBTO, but you can also win a gift card to appease the book addict in you.  You already know I've entered ;)  Have you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment