A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Saturday, June 12, 2010

In My Mailbox (15)

In My Mailbox


Packages have slowly been trickling in, though I suppose I shouldn't complain since I'm still receiving books every now and then.  Ever since I started blogging, I must say that receiving packages has made me spoiled.  I always get so excited when I see something in the mail for me!  (as long as it's not a bill...)

Anyway, this was a pretty eventful week book-wise.

For Review:
  • The Passage by Justin Cronin
  • Rosemary and Rue by Seanan McGuire
Yes, the cover changes colors when you shift the book in the light.  And apparently, The Passage is this highly awaited for/regarded book, and movie rights have already been sold.  The book was just released this month, and in short (from what I understand) it's about this young girl who saves the world.  Not too paranormal-y, but it's got enough that I will be reading (all 700+ pages of it) and reviewing it soon.  Got it in the mail from Random House, which was awesome!

Rosemary and Rue is the first book in the series by Seanan, and it's based in the fae world.  Pretty interesting concept the author's got so far.  Book is already out, I think the second book is out also, and the third (cover I love the most) is coming out in the Fall.

  • The Demon in Me by Michelle Rowen (+ sexy bookmark and Michelle's awesome business card!)
  • Karma Bites by Stacy Kramer and Valerie Thomas
Won The Demon in Me which was a great read!  Highly suggest checking it out if you're curious (yes, it's been released) and then I'll have to read Karma Bites soon and let you all know how it is.

Bought:


  • Dark Warrior Unbroken by Alexis Morgan
  • Magic on the Storm by Devon Monk (signed)
Dark Warrior Unbroken was actually a used book I bought off Amazon that the seller messed up.  I had ordered the first book in the series and they gave me the second.  I guess it's no biggie, I'll just have to find the first elsewhere.

Magic on the Storm was signed because I tried to help Devon with some friendly competition she was having.  I still need to read the first book in this series, but that cover is beautiiiful, so I'd like to think I helped a good cause ;)


That's it for me!  Have you guys read any of these titles?

19 comments:

  1. I have heard that The Passage is fantastic. I am not surprised that the movie rights have already been sold. I hadn't heard of Rosemary and Rue but it sounds like something I might like. I usually like books dealing with the fae.

    I hope you enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoy all your books!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Passage does sound good. I'll be eager to hear what you think about it. I have Rosemary and Rue on my TBR stack. I have read the first in Devon Monk's series and have books 2 & 3 but haven't read them yet. I liked the first book. Enjoy! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like you got some great books tori! loved talking with you on the chat today :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read Karma Bites and Magic on the Storm. I think I want to read The Passage, but I am waiting to read some reviews first.

    My IMM is here:

    http://www.mangamaniaccafe.com/?p=4068

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh Great books. I like the look of Karma Bites!

    Happy Reading

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, The Passage! I can't wait to hear what you think of that one - I'm very excited to read it, but it doesn't come out here in the UK for another 2 weeks. :(

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Dark Warrior Unbroken looking enticing!!!! Hope you enjoy all that you received!!!

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed Rosemary and Rue and the second of the series. I hope you enjoy them too. Also, check out The Feed by Mira Grant (Sean McGuire)it is an amazing zombie book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Passage's cover is stunning and I want it now just for the cover!
    I also love Devon Monk's covers! I had the first 2 books out from the library but sadly didn't get around to reading them. Hope you love all your new books :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still need to read the first in the Talions series. I've read all of her Paladin books and I really liked them.


    Stephanie G

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love covers that do fun things like that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So much buzz about The Passage, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh good books this week! the demon in me! so fun! i hope they are all great! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't heard of Rosemary and Rue, but I'll have to check it out now.

    I have The Demon in Me on my IMM also. So looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great haul! Happy reading! Here's mine: http://simpleloveofreading.blogspot.com/2010/06/in-my-mailbox-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Passage cover is great!

    I’ve got an award for you, here.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The passage is supposed to be fantastic! Have fun with all your great books!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Passage is great! Hope you like it. Happy reading. My mailbox is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete