A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Sunday, June 20, 2010

In My Mailbox (16)

In My Mailbox


Did you read about my official announcement of THE BATTLE OF THE SEXIES?
Have you filled out the form, submitting your entry for the grand prize giveaway?
If not, GO HERE.





For Review:

Got A Season of Eden from the ARC tours, and I've read/reviewed it in one day (which attests to its greatness, even if it's not a paranormal).  Highly suggest checking it out--it received the Faerie of Honor rating.

I cannot WAIT to dig into Phoenix Rising!  Also received a lot of super awesome swag, and the candles smell wonderful :)  Just love this cover--it's so so so pretty!

  • Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce (courtesy of my very own book faery!)
  • Unchained by Sharon Ashwood
I wasn't cool enough to win anything during the #sistersred hash tag mania the other week, but a super cool blogger came to my rescue!  Mandi from Smexy Books was kind enough to send me her ARC of Sisters Red, which I totally appreciate.  Thank you so much Mandi! <3

I also cannot wait to start reading Unchained.  Too cool!


    • Eve of Samhain by Lisa Sanchez
    Just started this book today after taking a day off yesterday.  Loving the start of it!


    That's it for me.  What did the rest of you get this week?

    11 comments:

    1. Everyone is picking up Sisters Red this week - I'm not getting a copy until next week though. I'm so excited about this book. I can't wait to read it.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Great books,I heard nothing but good things about Sisters Red I can't wait to read it. After reading your review of A Season of Eden you got me wanting to read it!!!(Great review by the way!!)

      ReplyDelete
    3. I'd love to read Sisters Red. I've read Eve of Samhain and it is such an awesome book. I hope you enjoy reading it!

      Happy Reading

      ReplyDelete
    4. Ooh, great books! Curious about Eve of Samahain.

      Happy reading. =)

      ReplyDelete
    5. Sister's Red was so good, I hope you enjoy! Happy reading! Here's mine: http://simpleloveofreading.blogspot.com/2010/06/in-my-mailbox-9.html

      ReplyDelete
    6. I've been hearing so much about Sisters Red, so am curious to see what you think of it ... I've been meaning to buy it, but am 97% certain that I read *somewhere* that the girl is missing an eye, because it gets poked out, or something ... and that's kind of put me off, LOL.

      A Season of Eden also sounds great, but I don't know about the plot ... teacher - student relationship, hmmm ... BUT, I have to mention that your review is excellent ... there's something to be said for Skittles and 2am-inspiration, because what you wrote is quite beautiful :)

      ReplyDelete
    7. Megan, yeah I think it came out last week? I don't remember lol

      Lit Cravings: I've heard a couple of so-so reviews from some people. Regardless, I'm interested. Plus isn't Jackson Pearce writing a twist to The Little Mermaid for her 3rd book?

      Melissa: Depending on how I feel about Sisters Red, I may give the ARC away to someone else after :)

      ReplyDelete
    8. Dazzing Mage: Will be posting a review up soon!

      Bella: Yeah she's missing an eye. It kind of turned me off from it too LOL. We'll see how I feel about the book soon enough :)

      Yeah I was kinda weirded out by the student-teacher idea, but the teacher, James, is only 22 years old. Eden's 18, so the age gap isn't too profound. I'd highly suggest checking it out. And thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

      ReplyDelete
    9. You got some great books! I'm jealous about Sisters Red lol - I really want to read that one :o)

      ReplyDelete
    10. Hope you enjoy the books that you got! I'm curious about Sisters Red.

      ReplyDelete
    11. Really great collection. My June book budget can't stretch to Sisters Red, but I definitely have that on my wish list. And, I'm intrigued by Eve of Samhain.

      Happy reading!

      ReplyDelete