A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Monday, January 30, 2012

Cover Wars: Mephisto Covenant VS Entasy

Cover Wars
(inspired by Kate's Throwdown Thursday at The Neverending Shelf)

Cover Wars is a weekly post occurring every Monday at Book Faery.
Two covers will have a "face off," and it will be up to the readers to
decide who is the victor and who is the loser.  This is a great way for
readers to have their voice be heard, while also promoting new/old books
in the process.



Last week we had a showdown between Masque of Red Death and Dearly, Departed.

The Winner:
Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel



Mephisto Covenant VS Entasy



Vote for your favorite in the comments below!

10 comments:

  1. I love them both. But because I've read and love Mephisto, I'll say that one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read mephisto but I love the cover too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love them both :D But, I think I must say Mephisto is my favorite :) I just like that one the most. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok seriously, did they call each other first? LOL

    I'll be the odd-man out and go with Entasy (I haven't read either so my opinion is based solely on cover). I like the contrast in Entasy better: the light blue background, the dark dress and the model's red curls. The colors are sharper whereas Mephisto seems blurred. I also like that the model is holding a crow in one had and a ball of fire in the other. It makes me very curious to know what they mean!

    ♥Isalys / Book Soulmates

    ReplyDelete
  5. Entasy. Love the font. The girl seems a bit crisper, and I like the contrast between her hair and the background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Though if I'm going to be honest, neither would really appeal to me either online, or in a bookstore.

      Delete
  6. Both are lovely, but I'm going to have to go with Mephisto! The font is just so much prettier and sweeping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know if my vote counts since I am signed on to edit Entasy, but yeah, I vote for Entasy. Only if I can though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Entasy but only because the girl on Mephisto is the same girl as on Unearthly but doesn't look as awesome lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cant decide!! They are both gorgeous for their own reasons but at the same time equally! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete