A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Saturday, January 21, 2012

For Our Readers

I've got a few updates for you all today.

We have a new blog layout!


It snowed and my Chem lab was canceled. I was also feeling a bit better (though that may be because of the antibiotics and not because I'm actually getting over this chest cold) and figured if I didn't do the layout today, I would never do it. Sorry about the wait! Also, it may be a bit buggy. If you have any issues with anything, please email me. I'm still working out a few kinks, and I'm trying to make some elements a bit more aesthetically pleasing.

Next: this was announced back in 2011, but if you haven't heard, Google will be removing the GFC widget for non-Blogger blogs. While Book Faery is a Blogger blog, I still wanted to give those of you who were unaware of this a heads up. I would also like to present other following options for you guys.




I usually post author interviews, guest posts, and giveaways up on Twitter. My tweeting memory for book reviews is somewhat lacking, but now that we're off the Artisteer layout, I think I may be able to connect my Twitter account to the blog's feed so it will automatically update there. Either way, Twitter is the best way to contact me.

Of course, you can always subscribe via email (that option is in the sidebar to the right of this post under the social media icons).

Or, if you would like to subscribe to Book Faery's feed directly, you can manually add (read: click one button) the blog to your Google Reader.

Finally, I have a question for you all:

Blogger's default commenting system, or Disqus?

7 comments:

  1. Love the layout, especially the burgundy background! As for comments, I'm liking blogger's default commenting system right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you using the default one right now? It seems okay, but the font is a bit too big for my liking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How is it now? Still too big or a bit more bearable?

      Delete
  3. Blogger comments now support threading. Check out the Blogger Buzz blog for how to activate it on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alexia: Thank you! It definitely helps that I can embed the comment box into the blog post again.

    @Alice: I agree, I think the font in the comments area is a bit too big. Maybe that's why I find it too clonky lol. Will reduce the size after I reply to this ;)

    @Karen: Thanks darling!

    @Abigail: Yeah I saw that! And my blog was already set up for threading, but it's not working :/ I was reading somewhere that some custom layouts make it not work, and I think that may be the case here... which I am incredibly mad about!

    ReplyDelete