A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Darkest Kiss by Gena Showalter


She has tempted many men… but never found her equal.


Until now.

Though she has lived for centuries, Anya, goddess of anarchy, has never known pleasure. Until Lucien, the incarnation of death—a warrior eternally doomed to take souls to the hereafter. He draws her like no other. And Anya will risk anything to have him.

But when the merciless Lord of the Underworld is ordered by the gods to claim Anya herself, their uncontrollable attraction becomes an anguished pursuit. Now they must defeat the unconquerable forces that control them, before their thirst for one another demands a sacrifice of love beyond imagining…


Obtained: Bought
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Lords of the Underworld
1.  The Darkest Night (book review)
2.  The Darkest Kiss
3.  The Darkest Pleasure (book review)
4.  The Darkest Whisper (book review)
5.  The Darkest Passion (book review)
My Rating:
Re-read this story.  Still one of my favorite books of this series.

Story:
Typically, women would find the keeper of Promiscuity as the most attractive of them all.  As the keeper of Death, Lucien accepted that, understood that his scars would repel women.  He was satisfied with his life of leading the Lords without any distractions.

He wasn't expecting a particular minor goddess, a sexy little outspoken creature, to take an interest in him.  Was this a game?  What was wrong with her for being attracted to a creature such as he?

Just as this idea of getting to know Anya--minor goddess of Anarchy--floats into his mind, he is commanded to execute her.  What will he do now?

My Opinion:
Lucien's insecurity re-broke my heart, despite me knowing the outcome of this tale.  His character was such a respectable one, admirable in so many ways.  Despite being the keeper of Death, Lucien had a cool hold on his temper, never once letting it flare.  He is, in my eyes, the most levelheaded of them all.

Anya is--just like Ashlyn was for Maddox--the perfect match for Lucien.  She is such a fun, strong, kick-ass feminine lead.  I will even go so far as to say that she is one of my top favorite ladies in this series because she brings such lightheartedness into the scenes she's in.

Once again Gena has written an amazing book to continue in her Lords series.  Each new set of characters introduced in these books all differ in so many fun and interesting ways.  The best part?  When I first read The Darkest Kiss, I still had no idea which direction Gena would take in this series.  Even now, 5 books in, I still don't know what will happen.


0 comments:

Post a Comment