A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Passion Unleashed by Larissa Ione


Forbidden Temptations…

Serena Kelley is an archaeologist and treasure hunter—and a woman with a secret. Since she was seven, she’s been the keeper of a powerful charm that grants her health and immortality . . . as long as she stays a virgin. But Serena isn’t all that innocent. And when a dangerously handsome stranger brings her to the brink of ecstasy, she wonders if she’s finally met the one man she cannot resist.

Fatal Desires…
Wraith is a Seminus demon with a death wish. But when an old enemy poisons him, he must find Serena and persuade her to give him the only known antidote in the universe—her charm. Yet, as she begins to surrender to his seductions, and Wraith senses the cure is within his grasp, he realizes a horrible truth: he’s falling for the woman whose life he must take in order to save his own.

Obtained: I won a copy courtesy of Sue Grimshaw and her Borders True Romance blog.
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Demonica
1. Pleasure Unbound (book review)
2. Desire Unchained (book review)
3. Passion Unleashed
4. Ecstasy Unveiled (book review)
5. Sin Undone (book review)
My Rating: 
I was definitely not disappointed with Wraith's story at all.

What I think:
I first want to start this review off by saying that this book's cover is the hottest cover for the Demonica series thus far.

Larissa has done it again: three heroines in a row that I absolutely adore.  In Passion Unleashed, readers are introduced to a young human named Serena.  Despite being a human, there is something special about the woman--something that Wraith and his brothers want in particular.  For you see, Wraith's life is in danger, and it would appear that the only thing that can save him is something that Serena owns.

Wraith, like I've said before, is my favorite of the brothers in this series.  He's not a goody-goody, which, frankly, bores me in a lot of books.  He's also not a huge, complete jerk either--well I believe this is debatable for some readers, but for the sake of argument, in MY eyes he's not.  He is a rough character with a tortured past that he only wants to forget.  The unfortunate part about this is that he cannot forget, no matter what he does.

Readers catch glimpses of Wraith's soft side during some interactions in previous books--specifically betwixt him and Kynan.  This, however, cannot compare to the way he treats Serena.  A whole new, vulnerable side of Wraith pours out in this book, a side that I welcomed with open arms.  I think I almost got tears in my eyes at one point too while hearing him tell his story.  Rip my heart out, why don't you, Wraith?

The ending of Passion Unleashed was amazing.  Without a doubt, this was the best Ione has written thus far.  Readers will absolutely love the showdown at the end, and then the way all the problems are solved.  It was written in a way that neither felt rushed, nor neglected in the least bit.  Props to you Larissa.

What I've started to notice: I dread reading these books.  Not in a bad way, mind you, but with these three stories thus far, something bad inevitably happens that makes me hang on from the edge of my seat.  The suspense is literally killing me in these books.  I feel like I am on an emotional roller coaster, and I'm freaked out by the toll these books have taken on me.  Of course, this is a good thing, and I love it, but I don't think I have ever experienced this kind of fear while reading a book--or in this case, books.

Should you read Passion Unleashed?  Hell. yeah!  Wraith's story is a masterpiece, guaranteed to captivate all readers.


14 comments:

  1. Lisa Sanchez: Woot! Wraith is my fav as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tori: Such a hunk. I want to marry him! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie: I just bought the first book in this series, I read some good reviews on it. I'm super excited!

    Thanks for this review! I'm hoping I like it enough to get to this book in the series :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tori: I hope you do too--it just keeps getting better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiger: Good point about the pain! It was absolutely heart-wrenching to hear about all that's happened to Wraith. I bet you'll love book 4! Lore's story may be my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tori: Oh yeah, I loved it alright. I said some blasphemous words in tomorrow's review. =X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paranormal Haven: Wraith and Lore are tied for my favorite demon. So hot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tori: Me too! I love them both! I like Idess more out of those two ladies, though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thehistorychic: She is on my TBR list--I actually picked up all her books just have to get to where I can read them :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tori: Read! Do it! You're not truly alive until you read these books LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Larissa Ione: VERY happy you liked this one! Wraith has a special place in my heart, I have to admit. I LOVED writing his book.

    Thanks for the Amazon reviews, too! That's very awesome of you.!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tori: I can tell, his character is just. I'm not sure how to describe it. But whenever he pops up into a scene, I feel like EVERYONE'S attention automatically hones in on him in all of the books. What a badass.

    Or maybe it's just me thinking that because I'm biased since I'm completely smitten with him HAH

    No problem about the Amazon reviews :) They're up on GR too lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cecile: Okay.... you have to stop! You are killing me!!! I know I know... I have to read this damn series! And I have to start soon... Between this one and the BDB series... I will get to them all... They are starting to scream at me.... And your review is NOT helping (said while panting for more info)!!!! Awesome review hon!!!!
    Yes, you are majoring pimping this out and making me feel like a crack ho... I want to read it now... Okay okay...... going now! Hope all is well hon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tori: Pfft you think this review is bad, the 4th one... wowza. That book is sexy personified! ;) Lots of chains too LOL

    Of course I'm pimping this series. It's Demonica week :D And, I absolutely loved it, so pimping is necessary hehe

    ReplyDelete