A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Ecstasy Unveiled by Larissa Ione


A Demon Enslaved…

Lore is a Seminus half-breed demon who has been forced to act as his dark master’s assassin. Now to earn his freedom and save his sister’s life, he must complete one last kill. Powerful and ruthless, he’ll stop at nothing to carry out this deadly mission.

An Angel Tempted…

Idess is an earthbound angel with a wild side sworn to protect the human Lore is targeting. She’s determined to thwart her wickedly handsome adversary by any means necessary—even if that means risking her vow of eternal chastity. But what begins as a simple seduction soon turns into a passion that leaves both angel and demon craving complete surrender.

Torn between duty and desire, Lore and Idess must join forces as they battle their attraction for each other. Because an enemy from the past is rising again—hellbent on vengeance and unthinkable destruction.


Obtained: I won a copy courtesy of Sue Grimshaw and her Borders True Romance blog.
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Demonica
1. Pleasure Unbound (book review)
2. Desire Unchained (book review)
3. Passion Unleashed (book review)
4. Ecstasy Unveiled5. Sin Undone (book review)

My Rating:
I think that Lore just managed to top Wraith.  This book has received the Faerie of Honor rating.  (Want to learn more about what this means?  Go here!)

My Opinion:
I laughed.  I teared up.  I froze in horror, almost crushing my book as I remained glued to the pages.  I wasn't scared, though, like I had been during Shade and Wraith's stories.  Upon reading Ecstasy Unveiled, I discovered why I was so wary: fear of the drama between the couples as opposed to the trials and tribulations the characters were forced to endure.  Drama and I do not mix, and Larissa's writing absorbs me in a way other PNR authors usually fail to do, thus, making the prior two stories in the series almost emotionally draining for me.

My opinion of Shade has decreased dramatically.  He upset me so much in this book.  It might have been because particular scenes were in E's point of view, however, I feel that Eidolon was the more composed of the two brothers during the... trials that occurred at the hospital.  Wraith also disappointed me in a way, primarily because he tends to flip flop between being a "neutral" party, or teaming up against Eidolon.  He is still entertaining, though.  There is one scene between Wraith and Tayla where Stewie is mentioned, and I started cracking up.  It's those kinds of moments that truly make a book memorable.

Enough about the three brothers we know and love though.  Ecstasy Unveiled is about the eldest--and most ignorant--of the Sem brothers, introduced around the middle of Passion Unleashed.  Lore's character, while tortured by his own shaky past, is stronger in ways the other brothers are not.  This cold assassin knows how to endure.  He knows when he is fighting a losing battle, and when to give in, which makes the interactions betwixt him and Idess so sexy in the beginning of the book.  Towards the end he gets a bit more stubborn, but one can't really blame him for it.

I was salivating while reading this book.  The attraction between man and woman was sizzling, enchanting, and more importantly, convincing.  The shameless part of me wishes that there was more.  More sex, more funny interactions, more moments where Lore and Idess kick major butt.

In regards to Sin, it will be interesting to see the approach Larissa takes in order to solve the problem this young woman unknowingly has caused.  Likewise, how will Conrad contribute to the story, aside from being drool-worthy?  I'm confident that Sin and Con's story will be exciting, especially because the two aren't your typical "good guy/girl" duo.  I'll leave what I actually mean when I say that to your imaginations.  Guess you'll just have to read Ecstasy Unveiled to see what I mean, huh?

I think I am enjoying angel stories a lot more as of late.  Between Idess and Olivia (The Darkest Passion), these angels are kinky little seductresses!  It is extremely amusing and way too ironic when an angel is trying to seduce a demon, and the demon is the one concerned about his partner's purity

Once again, I highly suggest that readers look into the Demonica series.  Ms. Ione's writing, characters, and plots continue to develop and improve, making each story even better than the last.

Oh, and Larissa?  Keep writing about the chains ;)



8 comments:

  1. Thehistorychic: I am so going to have to read this series! I have only heard good things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tori: You really have to--I wish I found these books sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cecile: Okay, I am not even going to read this one... and I am not even going to say it... I am just going to put my head now... and come back when I have done reading the damn series!!! =)
    Love ya hon!!!!!! You presented this series in the way it deserved... With awesomeness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tori: Oh you silly, you have to read the review (so you start this series NOW) *cackles*

    Thank you though. Means a lot to hear you say that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. DarklyReading: I loved this one too - I thought it would be down hill after Wraith's book but Lore's was just as good. I also thought Shade was a jerk this book - but I am attributing it to the evil ghosts at the hospital (you know who I'm thinking of) rather than it being Shade.. I also cracked up about naming the baby Stewie - so funny! Thankfully he has a respectable demon name too ;) I can't wait till Sin's book!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tori: Yeah I was also worried about that. And I had my whole issue about getting freaked out (I seriously don't know why it was bothering me so much) about Lore fighting with Idess. But then they didn't! I was happy, relieved, and ahhh I love him too now LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Larissa Ione: Woot! Lore comes through again! :) I have to say, this book was my hardest one to write yet. I was SO nervous about it, so it's AWESOME when readers like this one. Yay!!!

    Thanks for Demonica week, Tori. I'm honored that you carved out a while week for the books. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tori: Definitely one of the best. I wanna beat Shade up though for being so mean :@

    And my pleasure! I'm glad you were able to stop by =) Good luck with the writing! Cannot wait for Sin and Con's story, and the new series

    ReplyDelete