A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Saturday, July 17, 2010

In My Mailbox (20)

In My Mailbox




Click the image to learn more about this event.
Did you fill out the form for the grand prize giveaway? 
FORM CLOSES JULY 31ST


  • From Publisher: Almost to Die For by Tate Hallaway
  • Bought: A Field Guide to Demons
I wasn't expecting the Vampire Princess novel.  I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the package and saw it.  I've been looking forward to the release date.  And now I get to read it early!

The demons book is actually for my WIP.  It's pretty awesome, and I've learned a lot about other cultures through it.  Plus it's fairly amusing at times to boot.  I think I'll be getting other books like this eventually.


  • From Publisher: Seance for a Vampire by Fred Saberhagen
  • Bought: A Local Habitation by Seanan McGuire
I TOLD you all I was obsessed now with this October Daye series!  After I posted my review of Rosemary and Rue (book 1) and started gossiping about Tybalt with a bunch of you, I needed to get the next book.  So I ordered it that day (Thurs).  And I got it on Friday!  Amazon Prime has a special 1 year free trial for college students.  Win.

I haven't read anything by Saberhagen.  To be honest, I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to feel about this book.  But hey, two classics in one book, how can I resist?

  • Bought: Song of the Moon by Catherine Banks
  • Bought: Blood Song by Cat Adams
I actually bought these the other week.  I have a bad habit of forgetting to post pictures of everything.  I've become a little scatterbrained now that I'm focusing mucho attention on the WIP.

Can't tell you how excited I am to read both of these!
    • Won: The Girls with the Games of Blood by Alex Bledsoe
    • Bought: Red Hot Fury by Kasey Mackenzie
    Won the first via Goodreads.  I haven't read anything by Alex before, and I've been hearing mixed reviews about this book.  Those reviews actually sparked my interest.  At least I won't have high expectations (hopefully that means the book will be amazing and I won't be disappointed).

    I've been looking forward to Red Hot Fury since I first saw the cover.  I've always been interested in Furies ever since reading about them in Kresley Cole's IAD series.

    That's it for me.  What did you all get?

    6 comments:

    1. Seance for a Vampire seems like it would be interesting--never heard of that book :)

      I want the Cat Adams books :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. I have A Field Guide To Demons but haven't got a chance to really sit down and read it. Looks really interesting though.


      Stephanie G
      Paranormal Haven

      ReplyDelete
    3. I REALLY want Almost to Die For, I love Tate Hallaway!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Can't wait to see what you think of Almost To Die For! It's in my TBR pile :)

      ReplyDelete
    5. Yeah it's either going to be interesting, or I think I'm going to hate it. I don't think there's going to be any gray area for me lol.

      ---------

      You should flip through the pages. It's not like a book, they just list a bunch of different creatures, give a quick summary of what they are, tell you a story about them, then some have ways to avoid the demons lol. If anything, it's amusing.

      ---------

      I actually haven't read anythng by Tate Hallaway :X I can't wait to read this though!

      ---------

      The review should be up sometime next week, or I'll post it on the 3rd :)

      ReplyDelete
    6. Great books this week! I'll look forward to your review of Red Hot Fury, I've been interested in that one for a while:)

      ReplyDelete