A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Read-a-thon wrapup & winners x3!

So a giveaway and a read-a-thon challenge ended today.  But before I go tell you who the winners are, I'm going to just give a quick summary of what happened the past 3 days for this read-a-thon:

Day 1:  1.5 books completed

Day 2: 2 books completed (one wasn't on my original list, and I'm too lazy to go back and edit things now)

Day 3: 1 book completed

As you can see, I've proven my prior statement before all this began that, when it comes to read-a-thons, I'm lazy.  Yep!  But on the bright side... 2.3k written on Day 1 and 1.3k written on Day 2 for the WIP.  Also sent out a bunch of emails and got some work that I've been putting off done, so I guess it's not all that bad :)


Okay so now that that's done, I'm sure you're all curious to know about the winners, since most of you probably don't give a crap about my reading progress :P

Photobucket

There were 180+ entries.  Strangely enough, I also reached 750 followers on the final day.  Huh...  As I promised on the contest page, I've added a second winner to receive a different prize package.

Winner 1:
Justina
Winner 2:
Alexia

Both of you wanted more than one prize pack, so you're going to have to tell me in an email which ones you want.

Aaaaand... the winner of the mini challenge, according to random.org is:
Lizzyland


So the emails have been sent.  Get back to me within 48 hours with addresses.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the Read A Thon Wrap Up and to all the lucky winners!

    jackie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lazy too, and I got sucked into two of my books and couldn't rush myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only ended up reading three book for the read-a-thon, so you didn't do that terrible number wise. Congrats to all the winners. ^_^

    ReplyDelete