A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Monday, July 5, 2010

Cover Wars: Shadow Hills versus The Dark Divine

Hello and welcome to another installment of...
Cover Wars!
(inspired by Kate's Throwdown Thursday at The Neverending Shelf)

Cover Wars is a weekly post occurring every Monday at Book Faery.  Two covers will have a "face off," and it will be up to the readers to decide who is the victor and who is the loser.  This is a great way for readers to have their voice be heard, while also promoting new/old books in the process.






Last week on Cover Wars, we had a face off between Red Hot Fury by Kasey Mackenzie and The Breeder by Eden Bradley.
 
Last week's face-off was pretty close, but ultimately, one triumphed over the other:

The Breeder



Week 4:
Shadow Hills vs. The Dark Divine
 
Another set of YA books (since they appear to be more popular).

Shadow Hills The Dark Divine

Soo... which is it?

16 comments:

  1. I usually have a hard time picking, but this time I'd go with The Dark Divine, no questions asked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Dark Divine is one book I bought because of the cover. The Dark Divine get my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hands down The Dark Divine. It's absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Dark Divine's coloring is much prettier, and I like the legs sticking out. Shadow Hills is just kinda swirly and orange and boring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Dark Divine very pretty much better

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so interesting how similar many covers are! I have to go with The Dark Divine. I love the purple though the bone-white of the legs is freaky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    The Dark Divine...
    One of those covers that causes you to do a double take and even then I am sure some miss what is actually there..
    Great cover!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm more a fan of purples and blues and shades like that instead of yellows and oranges so I'm going to immediately like Dark Divine better. But then let's take the actual picture... a girl's legs with a flowing purple dress or a whisp of smoke/flame? I'd definitely pick the girl with the dress because I wanna know... is this girl dead? alive? a ghost? supernatural? a whisp of smoke is... er, a whisp of smoke. not much to be had there. i'm not a fan of the shadow hill cover but I have seen worse and will still buy the book, but eh.... they could've done a better job.

    DARK DIVINE ftw!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cover choices! ^^ I'm actually torn with this one, since both are equally eye-catching for me. They're both minimalistic with bold accent colors which is nice. The font choices are good too, although The Dark Divine's is a bit better. I do love cool colors more though and so, even though the purple nail polish bothered me a bit (I do love purple nail polish, just didn't look right with the cover, I guess), my final vote still goes to 'The Dark Divine'! c:

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Dark Divine! Something about the color scheme is more interesting for me.

    ReplyDelete