A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Monday, July 12, 2010

Once Upon a Read-a-thon Day 1

Once Upon A Read-A-Thon


Super sorry, but due to the crazy weekend (congrats Spain on winning the 2010 World Cup!), some BBQs, and trying to work on the WIP, I didn't get a chance to find two covers for today's Cover Wars! challenge.  I'll post the next one up in a week, so consider this more time to vote.

Now, however, officially starts the Once Upon a Read-a-thon challenge!  If you haven't signed up for this, or filled out the form for the giveaway, I highly suggest you click the button up at the top of the page and do so.  It'll be fun :) 
  • Today, I'll be stopping by this post with updates on which books I've finished etc.  
  • Tomorrow, I'll make a new blog post with additional books I may add to the read-a-thon pile.  I might also include some of the mini-activities other bloggers are hosting for this event when I decide to take a break.  
  • On Wednesday I'll be posting my own little mini-activity for participants.  Under that I'll include updates & other mini-activities I participate in.
I hope you'll all come participate in this!  It sounds like a lot of fun, and there's no minimum or maximum amount of books you need to read.

Below I've listed the books I'm planning on reading.

Books I'm planning on reading:
  • Bitter Frost- Kailin Gow
  • The Phantom Diaries- Kailin Gow
  • Eve of Samhain- Lisa Sanchez
  • Whisper of a Witch- Suza Kates
  • Phoenix Rising- Jo Lynne Valerie
  • The Crescent- Jordan Deen
  • Nocturnal- Anthology
  • Tidal Wave- Vivian Arend
  • Whirlpool- Vivian Arend
  • Under the Northern Lights- Vivian Arend
  • I Married a Dragon- Beverly Rae (50% completed)
So there's eleven books for now.  I'm not sure how long they'll take me, but if I can get through all of them in three days, then awesome!  Most of them are either short stories, or are novels that are on the shorter side.  Not planning on taking on any of the longer novels that I'd like to read, just because I'd like to lessen my TBR pile.

So what titles are the rest of you devouring within the next three days?




Updates:
  • 1:31 AM: Started I Married a Dragon
  • 4:47 AM: 55% done with I Married a Dragon.  Sleep time
  • 1:06 PM: Giving up on I Married a Dragon (not enjoying the heroine commentary so much... ergh) Starting Eve of Samhain
  • 2:00 PM: Eve of Samhain didn't open on my Kindle (damn damn damn!).  Reading it via the computer (which is sloooow reading for me)
  • 4:18 PM: I suck at this.  Have been procrastinating for the past hour lol!
  • 6:31 PM: Just now resuming Eve of Samhain.  I suck at staying on task.  I did, however, send out a bunch of emails that I needed to do, so I guess it's not so bad.  I also just had way too much chocolate pudding... going to puke.
  • Okay I just gave up with reading for the rest of the day.  Ended up working on the WIP instead because I couldn't stand looking at the comp anymore.


8 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lot! I only have four books lined up xD

    Cade
    Braintasia Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm an overachiever ;)

    If I'm lucky I might get through half that list LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    OMG...you must be a fast reader!

    Love your blog!

    Hawk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seven books on my list! I'm not sure how many I'll get through but I'll try to get through most!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nah, these are books I NEED to read soon, and I wanted to give myself plenty of options within the next few days :)

    I'm a slow reader... >.<

    -------------------

    Nice! I hope you get through most of them. Wish me luck with mine lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeesh! Wish I had the time to do this, hehe. I'll be happy if I wrap the last 100 pages of the Stephen King novel I'm currently devouring by the end of the week...

    <3,
    -J

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go go go!

    I ended up just working on the WIP instead of reading xD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a fun challenge that you are doing!!! Hope you are enjoying your list of books to read!!!

    ReplyDelete