A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

BOTS 2: Jess Haines



Arnold Talks About Being a Sexy Sidekick
By Jess Haines


Hello there! Jess Haines here. I’m the author of the urban fantasy H&W Investigations series (HUNTED BY THE OTHERS [link: http://www.kensingtonbooks.com/finditem.cfm?itemid=16761], TAKEN BY THE OTHERS [link: http://www.kensingtonbooks.com/finditem.cfm?itemid=18148], and the recently released DECEIVED BY THE OTHERS [link: http://www.kensingtonbooks.com/finditem.cfm?itemid=19226]).

Shiarra Waynest is the main character. She’s a private investigator. In the course of her adventures, she met a nerdy mage named Arnold. Shia, Arnold, and some of their friends are going to discuss what it’s like being a sexy sidekick.

Take the floor, guys!
____________________

Arnold: Oh, baby! You know you want me.

Sara: Arnold…

Arnold: Whoops, sorry, love.

Shiarra: I think I’m going to barf.

Royce: I think we should be discussing Ms. Halloway if we’re going to be talking about sexy sidekicks. At least she’s attractive.

Sara: …um. Thanks?

Chaz: I hate agreeing with the vamp, but he’s right. You’re pretty hot.

Shiarra: Chaz.

Chaz: What? The vampire can say it and I can’t?

Shiarra: I’m not dating the vampire.

Royce: That’s easy enough to amend …

Shiarra: GOD, no.

Arnold: Hey, I thought we were here to talk about me?

Sara: Oh, stop pouting. You know I think you’re adorable, and that’s what matters.

Arnold: Aw. I know.

Chaz: I’m feeling left out, too.

Shiarra: Sweetie, you and Royce get talked about a lot. It’s Arnold’s turn.

Arnold: Yeah, fuzzbrain. I’m going to enjoy every minute of this!

Chaz: Oh, dream on spark. Nobody finds a D&D nerd sexy.

Sara: Ahem.

Royce: I’m afraid I must concur. There isn’t much sex appeal in a boy who lives in his mother’s basement playing video games all day.

Arnold: Excuse me? Do I look like I play video games all day? Also, I haven’t lived in my mother’s basement since I was a teenager.

Sara: Yeah. He has a beautiful apartment in Greenwich with a view.

Shiarra: I’ve seen it. If not for all the computers and gaming manuals, it would be pretty awesome.

Arnold: Stop smirking like that, you walking corpse.

Royce: I can’t help but find this amusing. You are, not to put too fine a point on it, a nerd. You wear glasses. You play with dice. You dawdle on computers. What’s attractive about that?

Sara: You know what? It’s more attractive than a walking, talking dead man. He has a pulse, he has morals, and he’s—

Shiarra: Actually, he’s not that moral.

Arnold: What? Yes I am!

Shiarra: Every time you helped me, you were doing it for your own reasons.

Arnold: But I still helped you.

Chaz: Did he touch you?

Shiarra: Of course he didn’t. He has Sara. Don’t get all Were-territorial on me.

Sara: Anyway. Like I was saying.

Royce: Oh, do go on.

Shiarra: Enough with the sarcasm, you.

Royce: I’ll attempt to restrain myself.

Sara: You know, I have to say, the glasses are adorable. Get me every time.

Arnold: Aw, really?

Sara: Yes, really.

Shiarra: Gag.

Sara: Shia…

Shiarra: …sorry.
____________________

Well, that was… uh… yeah. You can learn more about Shiarra and the rest of her friends in HUNTED BY THE OTHERS (link: http://www.kensingtonbooks.com/finditem.cfm?itemid=16761).

What do you guys think? Can geeks be sexy?

Visit me on the web:
www.JessHaines.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jess-Haines-HW-Investigations/199575306328?ref=search&sid=100000426805820.1600836246..1
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Jess_Haines
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/jesshaines
Fan Forum: http://jesshaines.freeforums.org/

Thanks again having me and the gang over, Tori!

5 comments:

  1. Geeks can definately be sexy .HOtties that dont know they are hotties yum
    flanagan@Mebtel.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh heck yeah, geeks are very sexy. What they might lack in looks they make up in...other ways!
    miss.smileygirlie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love geeks, they don't usually know how sexy or good looking they are.

    rachaelmccully@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, sure! I love intelligence in a character. Besides, like the old TV commercial says, "When you're second, you try harder!" Thanks for the giveaway. (Email in profile.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think geeks are very sexy.

    beckerjo at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete