by Jill Myles
My favorite sidekick of all time has to be Andrea Nash from the Kate Daniels series. Here's the reason why!
5) Strong, smart, and capable -- Sometimes the sidekick is in the books purely just to show how ridiculously awesome the main character is. Andrea totally holds her own, though. She has different strengths - and different weaknesses than Kate. She's able to recite Order law by heart, isn't afraid to punch a bitch (remember the scene with the hot tub?) and is an Order Knight with a career all her own.
4) She gets to shag Raphael - This really needs no explaining. Raphael is sex on a stick. He is in love with Andrea. They make out. It's really awesome.
3) Andrea has a weakness for romance novels - As a romance writer, I cannot fault Andrea's taste in such things. She is a big fan of Lorna Sterling, and Raphael uses this weakness to make her melt. It's an adorable scene.
2) Andrea is a gun junkie -- Some sidekicks have a thing for comic books or porn. Andrea loves guns. How can you not love a cute, chirpy blonde that loves guns?
1) She's able to call Kate on her shit. That's what friends are for, right? So when Kate needs a hand, Andrea's there for her. When Kate needs a pep talk - or even a swift boot to the butt, Andrea's there. And Kate is there for Andrea as well. They're a team that's ridiculously fun to read on the page.
Some cover flats and...
Some cover flats and...
Who Knew An Angel Could Get A Girl In So Much Devilish Trouble?
Jackie Brighton woke up in a Dumpster this morning, and her day has only gotten weirder. Her familiar B-cups have somehow become double Ds, her sex drive is insatiable, and apparently she had her fi rst one-night stand ever...with a fallen angel. All she remembers is gorgeous Noah's oddly hypnotic blue eyes...and then a dark stranger whose bite transformed her into an immortal siren with a sexy Itch. With help from Noah, Jackie begins to adapt to her new lifestyle — until she accidentally sends Noah into the deadly clutches of the vampire queen and lands herself in a fi erce battle for an ancient halo with the queen's wickedly hot righthand man. Who just happens to be the vampire who originally bit her. How's a girl supposed to save the world when the enemy's so hard to resist?
* Open to US only
* Leave a comment with your email address
* This giveaway ends September 7th
* IMPORTANT: I will not be contacting winners! Be sure to check back after September 7th to see if you've won this or any of the other giveaways!
* Link back to this giveaway on some social networking site or on your blog. Be sure to include the link to your post in your giveaway entry--and make sure that I can view it! (For every site you do this on, you'll receive one extra entry)