A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Author Interview with Shayne Leighton

Hey everyone! Shayne Leighton (Website | Goodreads | Blog), author of OF LIGHT AND DARKNESS is stopping by the blog to give us a bit of info about this interesting title.

Welcome, Shayne!



Title of book: Of Light and Darkness: The Vampire's Daughter
Genre:
Dark Fantasy/ Paranormal Romance
Brief description:
 
When one human stands before an army of impossible obstacles, the likelihood of overcoming them in this coming-of-age modern fairytale may result in war between light and darkness.

Abandoned as an infant in Prague, naive and strong-willed Charlotte Ruzikova was raised by one of the last Vampires left alive. As a human, she knows no other home than the one nestled deep in the woods of Eastern Europe, where Witches drew spells of enchantment, Phasers threw tea parties, and Elves are the closest in kin. Charlotte has lived her life in the dark with her Guardian, content to having him to herself and reveling in his attention, until she's realizes she wants more...

Resident medical doctor and Vampire, Valek Ruzik fears the day his ward would come of age and blossom into a fine woman, and he is forced to confront his own motives as time is of the essence once his past catches up to him, and their lives become endangered...

As genocide and war threatens their secret society, the dictator in power is ready to wipe out Valek's race, but Charlotte will not allow that to happen. Fighting for the only one she's ever loved and truly believed in, she will do whatever it takes to save their love...before the sun comes up and light takes over.
 

Heroine's name:
Charlotte 
What does she look like: Like a human doll. Tiny, but with a big attitude and a lot of heart. Ringlet, red curls, and enormous green eyes with pale skin.
Favorite song: Andela by Karel Kryl
Favorite book: The Anatomy of Vampires: Volume 1
Favorite color: Green
Impulsive or cautious: Extremely impulsive and naive
Artsy or nerdy: She believes nerdy, but as the author - I'd have to say artsy
Does she have a sweet tooth, or does she prefer savory foods: Definitely a sweet tooth...you could say she lives off the stuff. ;)
What race is she (human, vampire, etc): Human
Thing she wouldn't be caught dead doing: There isn't much Charlotte wouldn't be caught dead doing....
Most memorable quote: “So here....” Charlotte reached into the pockets of her jeans and tossed a few silvery coins at Evangeline’s high-heeled toes. “The payment Valek owes his harlot from last night. In full.”

Hero's name: Valek
What does he look like: Tall, handsome, and undead. Long, dark hair that he normally ties back with a black ribbon, and hauntingly blue eyes!
Favorite article of clothing: His blood-red ascot.
Favorite pastime: Reading up on historical events, studying human anatomy and varying sciences.
Favorite sport: Valek doesn't play...sports.
Alpha or beta male: Definitely an alpha. Definitely.
Angsty or chipper: He tries his best...though he's pretty angsty
What is his favorite time of year: Autumn
What race is he (human, vampire, etc): Vampire
Role in the novel: Not quite a hero...and not quite a villain.



Thanks for all that info Shayne. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm definitely a bit more interested in this title. And before you all leave, I just wanted to direct you guys to the awesome soundtrack to this book. It's pretty catchy!

Check out the soundtrack on iTunes.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that's all I can say. And I checked out her site and seen that's going to be a movie! With Michael Welch from Twilight starring in it! I guess I'll keep tabs on this one.

    ReplyDelete