A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Monday, September 12, 2011

Cover Wars: Fateful versus So Shelly

Cover Wars
(inspired by Kate's Throwdown Thursday at The Neverending Shelf)

Cover Wars is a weekly post occurring every Monday at Book Faery.
Two covers will have a "face off," and it will be up to the readers to
decide who is the victor and who is the loser.  This is a great way for
readers to have their voice be heard, while also promoting new/old books
in the process.


Last week we had a showdown between A Beautiful Evil by Kelly Keaton, and Shifting by Bethany Wiggins.

The Winner:
  A Beautiful Evil by Kelly Keaton


Fateful vs So Shelly



Both of these covers have a mysterious edge, in my opinion. Which cover gets your vote? (sound off in the comments below!)

-Amanda

14 comments:

  1. I like Fateful's more. Maybe I'm a sucker for a full moon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Fateful's cover more. They're both nice though! :)

    ♥ Sarah @ I'm Loving Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am huge fan of Claudia Gray, but I have to go with So Shelly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm leaning toward So Shelly. Both are compelling and I want to read each of them, but there's something...cleaner? crisper?...about So Shelly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My vote goes for So Shelly. I love how she's on the boardwalk? and maybe she's about to throw herself in the water. The other one is there like a ghost. Which may be the point of the story, I don't know...




    - Mary [Anxirium]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I HAD to come back and link this! We may have a new competitor! Check this cover and try to ignore the shirtless man! here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them both, and I'm a Claudia Gray fan, but I have to go with the So Shelly cover. I like how she is holding her dress and you can see the decrepit, rough wooden dock she is walking on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great meme idea. It is so weird how covers mimic each other: red ribbon or something red, a flower, a girl in a gown. Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So Shelly's my pick. Fateful looks too Photoshopped for me.


    @Mfay: OMG lol where did you find that cover! That's a perfect addiction. I'll have to let Amanda know :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. So Shelly by far!!! But I do like the cover for Fatefull, but So Shelly is way awesome!! :Dnm

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmm. Honestly, neither cover really jumps out at me... Except for "So Shelly"... obviously because of "Shelly".
    But Fateful looks like it took about all of 5 minutes to make and it was a botched job at that. So I'll go with So Shelly.
    They both could use a little more life & color. (without really knowing what either book is about.)

    -Shanise

    ReplyDelete
  12. While I liked the book Fateful MUCH more than I liked So Shelly, I think the opposite is the case when it comes to the covers.

    My vote: So Shelly.

    ReplyDelete