A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Book Trailer: The Saskatoon Balloon by Kate O'Hegarty

For those of you interested in a potential new title to read:
Mieradome (the first in the series) has been featured in Girl's Life Magazine (June/July 2010 issue), The Modesto BeeFantasy E-ZineFaerieWorlds.com and FaerieWorlds 2010 summer event program. I have an official website for my novel Mieradome, complete with character illustrations, reading group guide. The book is currently available through Amazon.com (& their international sites), Barnes & Noble, and Indiebound (among many others.) Mieradome also has it's own book trailer!


Mieradome pulls the reader into a unique fantasy world of faeries and technology, a different take on the Alice in Wonderland concept. The story revolves around a young girl named Amavia who believes she is a human girl, but slowly comes to find she is a faery in the world of Mieradome. Slowly who Amavia was began to unravel to show the truth; the truth that she just may be the evil they need to destroy. This is the first novel in a series, and gives a glimpse of what is to come for the main character Amavia. Fans of the Harry Potter series and His Dark Materials will definitely enjoy this adventure.



View the trailer here, or watch below.




1 comment:

  1. Ooh, this sounds interesting! Though I always found Alice in Wonderland a little too cracktastic for my tastes, I like the idea of the MC being the evil that the world is hunting down. Thanks for the rec!


    Smiles!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete