A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

BLOGMANIA—Early Bird Checklist

Did you all forget about this!?  I hope not, otherwise you’ll be missing out on some super awesome one-day-only-giveaways that will be happening IN ROUGHLY ONE WEEK!!!  Read my post here to learn more about Blogmania if this is the first time you’re hearing about it.  Silly me spelled the event wrong in the other post LOL.  It’s Blogmania, not blogomania.

You can read the whole post about these tips at Between the Pages.  Just posting my Sparknote version of the bullet points for you all because Sparknotes are awesome.

  • Start visiting blogs as early as you can.  If Book Faery is going to be your first stop in the Blogmania tour, then you can expect my post to be up at precisely 12:00 AM EST on Friday, April 30th.  (Psst…That’s next Friday!!)
  • People from all over the world will be participating.  Also keep this in mind, because not all blog posts will be up at midnight.  Some people may be manually posting their contests right before they go to work.
  • Each blog will have their own giveaway requirements.  Hopefully they won’t be too tedious.  (For me, all you’ll have to do is be a GFC follower and fill out a quick entry form)  If you find a blog you like through your search, make a note of their page and come back to visit later. 
  • For however many hours it takes you on Friday, you are going to be a contest entering machine!  (I made this one up because it sounded cool)  Tell people to pause their beer pong tournaments.  Tell the kids and hubby (or wifey) to make their own dinner that night.  Tell your boss your wacky eskimo Aunt Petunia from Antarctica just came to visit and you can’t make it to work (don’t do that one… money is good)  YOU NEED TO WIN CONTESTS!
  • There will be over 100 blogs participating.  They’re saying to make a checklist so you can cross blogs off after you visit/enter.  I say you choose a participating blog, use them as your reference point, and [ctrl]+click links to open them in a new tab.  You save a tree in the process! :D
  • Blogs participating are extremely diverse.  You won’t just be seeing paranormal or YA blogs.  It also means a bunch of the prizes are, in turn, going to be diverse.  Hooray.

There’s more points, so like I said, go check out Between the Pages if you feel like you need to be extra prepared for this.  This is the last post I’ll be making about Blogmania.  Keep an eye on Twitter [@Book_Faery] if you need any future reminders.  Otherwise, I’ll see you next Friday! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment