A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Saturday, April 3, 2010

In My Mailbox (6)

In My Mailbox

Lots of updates this week, plus my new giveaway.
140 Follower Giveaway
Come join the fun and celebrate with me by winning books!  Lots of prizes (including TWO signed books), lots of extra entries, lots of ways to win.  The more people you refer, the more entries YOU get, plus more winners and books will be added!


And now, on to the books:



Stray by Rachel Vincent
Shadowfae by Erica Hayes



Succubus Shadows by Richelle Mead
Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs



I'm excited to be reading the rest of these!  Though I'm not sure when I'll get the chance to :(


Reviews this Week:

Georgina Kincaid has formidable powers.  Immortality, seduction, shape-shifting into any human form she desires, walking in heels that would cripple mere mortals--all child's play to a succubus like her.

Helping to plan her ex-boyfriend's wedding is a different story. Georgina isn't sure which is worse--that Seth is marrying another woman, or that Georgina has to run all over Seattle trying on bridesmaid dresses. Still, there are distractions. Georgina's roommate, Roman, is cluttering her apartment with sexual tension. Then there's Simone, the new succubus in town, who's intent on corrupting Seth.

But the real danger lies in the mysterious force that's visiting her thoughts, trying to draw her into a dark, otherworldly realm. Sooner or later, Georgina knows she'll be too weak to resist. And when that happens, she'll discover who she can trust, who she can't--and that Hell is far from the worst place to spend eternity.



What fortune awaited sweet, timid Percy Parker at Athens Academy? Considering how few of Queen Victoria’s Londoners knew of it, the great Romanesque fortress was dreadfully imposing, and little could Percy guess what lay inside. She had never met the powerful and mysterious Professor Alexi Rychman, knew nothing of the growing shadow, the Ripper and other supernatural terrors against which his coterie stood guard. She knew simply that she was different, haunted, with her snow-white hair, pearlescent skin and uncanny gifts. But this arched stone doorway offered a portal to a new life, an education far from the convent—and an invitation to an intimate yet dangerous dance at the threshold of life and death…

12 comments:

  1. All of those authors are so good!! Great books! Shadowfae by Erica Hayes has been on my TBR pile for to long! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right!?

    Read a snippet about Shadowfae on Amazon, and woo... Seems like it's gonna be a steamy read.

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of those books look good but I REALLY want to read Stray

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aloha!!!


    I just now finished Silver Borne=) I love Adam!
    I love all of the Shifter books. Like Shera Shadowfae has been in my TBR pile way too long and I really want to read that Succubus Shadows!!=)

    Let's just say all your books are right up my alley!!

    Enjoy your reads this week!!
    Chasity @
    Lovin' & Livin' Life in the 808

    ReplyDelete
  5. KMichelle, I really wanna read it too. Problem is, I have too many books I want to read at the same time, and there's a couple of books I need to finish before I can move on to the others. :(


    Hi ck.twilighter! I absolutely ADORE Adam too!! I was hearing that Stefan wasn't really in this one, but if there's lotsa Adam, I suppose I'll be happy ;)
    Shadowfae is another book I'm looking forward to, too.
    Read Succubus Shadows if you can. It's definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got Stray this week too. I'm really looking forward to starting on it! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yoou MUST read stray! lol
    this series is in my top 3 favorite ever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great books! i have Shadowfae, i preordered it and I still haven't read it! ugh! I'm so bad sometimes. These all look great though, love rachel vincent! hope you enjoy them all! happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, enjoy those books! Especially Stray seems to be great :D

    Kathrin @ Secret Dreamworld of a Bookaholic

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll have to check out some of those books :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Chrissie! Let me know what you think of Stray :)

    Tynga, really? Jeez I better get started on it ASAP! hehe

    Kristi, hey there! Glad you stopped by :) Like I said before, Shadowfae seems pretty good from the preview. Definitely excited for it!

    Kathrin, I've been hearing great things about Stray. Can't wait to start that series!

    Maria, lemme know if there's anything you like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got Silver Borne as well. I hope that you will enjoy your books. Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete